Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK Florida just became the largest state to mandate personal finance education in high school

(This is actually something I support, depending on if it is done right, as in it highlights financial risks as well as the potential gains.)

Florida is officially the largest state to mandate a financial literacy course for high school graduation.

On Tuesday, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed bill SB 1054 into law. The legislation was unanimously passed by both the state House of Representatives and Senate in early March.

“What the bill is doing with financial literacy is really providing a foundation for students that’s going to be applicable in their lives regardless of what path they take,” said DeSantis during a Tuesday press event. “This will provide a foundation for the students to learn the basics of money management, understanding debt, understanding how to balance a checkbook, understanding the fundamentals of investing.”

snytiger6 9 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Gee, the Florida Legislators actually did something’s of value! I’m surprised they didn’t have a blizzard! 😂

Yeah, the story was a big surprise to me too.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:657236
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.