Agnostic.com

70 10

Is anyone else sick and tired of all the Superhero movies?

I remember thirty five years ago how I loved the movie Superman starring Christopjher Reeves and Margot Kidder. They didn't have all the CGI effects back then. Now CGI seems to be the biggest part of a Superhero movie. The only one I have liked in the past ten years is Deadpool. It had a great story and Ryan Reynolds has a fun personality.

ebdb 7 Apr 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

70 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes. Give me a good drama instead.

How can you get "sick and tired" of what you don't HAVE to watch?

Zster Level 8 Apr 25, 2018

Absolutely NOT! You must not have been/currently be a comic book fan. The MORE the better. Bring it on! It's about time.

I love Superhero movies. I just bought, "Justice League." I want to see, "Wonder Woman" next. On payday I'll get it.

@Bierbasstard Okay, cool.

Deadpool 2 May 18th. I can’t wait! I watched the first one 12 times and counting.

My only Marvel exceptions are Deadpool and Black Panther. So far. I’m a DC girl otherwise.

I don’t think much about mainstream film except for my comic book heroes. Just because they make the Superhero movies doesn’t mean we have to see them. They keep making them due to high demand and great ticket sales I assume. I think the bigger issue is that Hollywood is seriously failing. It seems they have run out of ideas and creativity.

I'm a big fan of the Marvel movies. Used to read the comics. Now they're able to translate from the page to the theater. Used to think they wouldn't be able to do Dr. Strange, but they did justice to it, at least with the special effects. They screwed with the origin story a bit, which I didn't like, but it didn't damage the movie. It's especially good in the theater in 3D. Bought the DVD and it wasn't as good as the theater experience.

I heart Deadpool ... the dude has the right attitude ..

I agree fully that CGi has killed it .. . I think the Sony trailer that came out yesterday for Venom is a prime example .. Although I will probably watch it at some point and I like Tom Hardy I could do without the CGi lol ... Way too much in the trailer alone.

I hate it.. It takes away too much from story, plot and components for me now and think there should be more balance ..

Am I getting old or some shit lol ???

Currenty GOTHAM is killing it for me and Oswald Cobblepot as penguin is just an amazing bit of acting !!

Gotham is one of the best shows ever! Robin Taylor is excellent as penguin...excellent.

@Freespirit64 🙂 incredibly talented !!!!! 🙂 He stole it lol !!!

Gotham is so so so very good! Best Penguin ever. I’m a longtime Riddler fan, but Oswald Cobblepot in Gotham stole my heart.

@CM1965 YES!!!! He is so twisted haha!!! He does it so well. I agree; best penguin ever!

Poison Ivy is pretty amazing too! She is invincible I think (it's the only theoretical hole can find) ! I do love the riddler too !

I loved the old 70's batman series too. Not the first, just the one with the cartoon graphics on the punches !! Original Cgi ha..

Oswald is a King of / amongst sociopaths lol

@Bierbasstard YES!!! He is another one to be fair ... completely awesome at playing at barking lol !!! 🙂 He is truly twisted too !! It's turned out really good .. Wasn't sure at first but it's truly won me over as well !!

Grew up with comic books so I usually still like them. Thought 'Thor:Ragnarok' was fun as hell.

I love them all the cgi finally means the stories can come alive ...granted some do relly to much on cgi but when you get a good mix of story and cgi then they are great

Superhero movies are my entire being.

/I came out to have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now lololol

@LadyAlyxandrea I am not attacking you. I am sorry you feel that way. I noticed you are 27 and I am 65. Most people your age love the Superhero movies and there is nothing wrong with that. I enjoy historical dramas and my favorite movie from 2017 was "I Tonya" and I also liked "The Post."

@ebdb the "lololol" meant I was joking. It's a reference to a meme I figured others would get, and that you'd at least see that I was joking

🙂

Yeah but what can you possibly do other than watch them and complain? What are you going to do, something ELSE with your time? If you do something you enjoy and find productive what are you going to bitch about on the internet to strangers? Life's rough man.

Not me. I collected comic books as a kid and grew up with these characters. I know their story, their history. I'm happy to see that the special effects can finally create and do their stories justice on the big screen.

I love them. We are going to go see the new Avengers movie this weekend.

Love them for pure escapism. They're from comics, for Zeus' sakes. The CGI adds to the flavor of the escape. I'm trying not to be pedantic about stuff like this. Just enjoy. This does not mean you can't enjoy old or older moves that did not have effects! I certainly do (take Hitchcock for example, where you didn't need to see everything to know she was getting stabbed in the bathtub!!). But this is just a new version of it. p.s. Can't wait for Deadpool 2!!!!!

I got hooked on Smallville. The batman movie where the joker guy died. Great actor. The Dark ... something?

I love Gotham to be honest .. again less Cgi like Smallville!

@Nickbeee at smallville... there was always a story. I liked how Clark went through all the ladies and still remained friends. I loved lex and how he stole clarks girl. I bought all the seasons on dvd.

@BucketlistBob Yes!! II think it was a great story and he had real relationships! Kinda lacking in a lot of superhero stuff now.. Fashionable sociopathy more like now lol.

@Bierbasstard. Geeze... yes. I would of never thought that of her

Nope. I love em. I really don't care if that makes me low-brow.

I don't consider you or anyone here as low-brow. You have a right to like what you like! Different strokes for different folks. I wish you all the best!

Just watch something else then...

NO! that's my bread and butter, my life!
From the set of Thor...
This is what I do.

That's right, I saw on your page that you work for films. That must be exciting!

@balou Yes! Thank you, it sure is. ♥ I wanted to add that movies provide jobs and big-budget films like superhero movies provide employment for hundreds of people (if not thousands) and growth for the economy.

@Caroleanne that's very cool. Sound like everyone wins. I just watched Avengers: Infinity War over the weekend with my daughter. The amount of time and effort that went into that production, must be mind boggling.

Thank you, I'm very grateful for those who appreciate the process and support the industry. Xoxo.

You work looks amazing I agree!!

Thank you, I want to continue to work, lol! Xoxo ♥ 😘

@Caroleanne It's beautiful !!!!! I will make more effort to watch Cgi lol 😛 The Thor set is very cool .. I will watch the Film now !

So sick of them! Although I did like Black Panther.

Deb57 Level 8 Apr 25, 2018

Nope, I love them. I think the genre is coming into its own because of CGI, and Disney/Marvel do a marvelous (sorry) job of bringing these stories to the big screen. DC is trying, miserably, to emulate their success. SH films are fantastical and CGI makes that aspect of it believable. I loved the comix as a teen ager and love the film presentations being done now.

Loved Deadpool. I’m a big fan of superhero movies. Can’t wait for Infinity War this weekend

Oh, I jumped to the wrong conclusion.
I thought you meant movies like: "The Greatest Story Ever Told", "Jesus of Nazareth", The Passion of the Christ" etc.

Athos Level 5 Apr 25, 2018

I like them...but I don't care for these story lines where everything gets so serious, conflicts with the government...blah blah blah...it's a fantasy people....ok? Lets blow shit up and beat up the bad guys....

I'm a sucker for good acting and cinematography, so they don't hold a lot of appeal to me. I guess. I can only think of one I've watched in the last 20 years. It didn't do much for me. It's actually quite difficult for any movie to move me. As such, I don't catch many of them, either in the theater or the tube.

I think they are cool, and I enjoy watching them.. Looking forward to Avengers this weekend.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:65889
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.