Agnostic.com

38 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hha lol

Don't hold your breath.

Jesus is dead. He never resurrected. He will never return.
One of the weaknesses of the story of Jesus' resurrection is that the only people who saw Jesus after his resurrection were his own followers.
If the Scientologists claimed that L Ron Hubbard resurrected, came to their conference, and then went to Heaven, would you believe them? So how can we believe a story when only Jesus' followers are the witnesses?

It's not so much that only his followers saw him, it is also the fact that he could appear to you in an altered form. Luke 24:16 and John 20:11-18. If this was so then anybody could be said to be Jesus. The man died and literally came back as anyone he wanted to be. How convenient.

I saw SAMMY DAVIS JR... That’s right, since white folx see ELVIS !!

@DenoPenno Concerning the post resurrection appearances of Jesus, the oldest Gospel, the Gospel according to Mark, does not contain any post resurrection appearances of Jesus. It seems inconceivable that the writer of Mark’s Gospel would “forget” to include the post resurrection appearances of Jesus, if in fact there really were any appearances to report. We can only assume that the writers of the later Gospels fabricated post resurrection appearances since they clearly copied from the Gospel according to Mark, and elaborated and enhanced the mythical tale of the resurrection of Jesus from the dead.

Get good odds, bet big money. If you lose, hey, it's the rapture, you know? The guy won't be there to collect. If you win and get any static about payment, sue.

The tricky thing with rapture prediction as a vocation is you are never right. And even if by chance you did happen to be right, nobody would care or bother to give you credit.

and I'll bet is making bank doing so, fear sells

I love GCCs (Good Christians with Calculators). They look at the Bible, pull their calculators out, and predict with confidence when the world will end. And when the big day come and goes, never fear! They pull their calculators out and give us further wonders.

Some calculators have floating decimal points. Theirs have floating ends of the world. I am amazed and awed by them.

No one can predict the end of the world. He is a liar. If I would have to make a guess when the world is ending, I would say early 22nd century.

“The world” has been around BILLIONS of years...

NOTHING that happens in the next 200 years will change that!

Great . I have the popcorn ready. I was disappointed last time .It should be a hell of a show.

Even the Bible says "No man knows the day or the hour" (Matt. 24:36). And given that the gospels are some of the last things authored in the NT (despite being published at the start), I wonder if they didn't already have problems with "the world is ending" types way back then, and were trying to control the problem by including that little admonition.

They did; ever heard of ‘Preterist’?

Mostly politics...

@DerekD I don't know if preterists came way after the fact or not. I'd be unsurprised to find however that some folks around the time Matthew was being penned (70 AD-ish according to current scholarly consensus) which was roughly contemporaneous with the sacking of Jerusalem by Titus, didn't see said sacking as fulfillment of Jesus' own alleged prophecies, and were confident that they could expect the Second Coming forthwith. OR ... maybe the anonymous author of the Gospel Attributed to Matthew just wrote the story to resonate with those very events.

Offer to feed and walk his pets for a large sum when he's not around post rapture. Paid in advance of course.

razz Level 3 Apr 25, 2018

People like this don't believe their own bible, apparently.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:65907
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.