Agnostic.com

7 19

I am reading a short book by Sam Harris called a letter to a Christian Nation.
It is worth reading. Very good book.

Retiredsteve 7 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is pretty good. I read it many years ago.

That is a good one.

Excellent book!

I thought it was a good book. I also found it strange that on Bill Maher his playwright guest last Friday, David Mamet, stated openly that America was founded as a Christian Nation. Mr. Mamet is a brilliant Jew and he is also wrong.

I thought that Mamet was saying the country was founded on christian values not a christian nation. Honesty, integrity, and humility among others are attributes we should strive for. Unfortunately christians today have none of those.

Irregardless America was founded on the principles of the Greek & Roman Societies and Legal / Government Structures.

Can any Christian apologist point out a Christian legal document? A Christian Courtroom? A Christian traffic law?

I'll wait.....

A few of the colonies were founded on a religious basis, but by far it was mostly about exploitation, profit, Empire, and a fair bit about what to do with the criminals and debtors in Britain.

@twill The early start of the US saw us hailing the Goddess Columbia.

[en.wikipedia.org]

If only the "Christian Nation" had read it.

Just got it on audible.

Thank you.

Yeah, good book, short and sweet, read in 2006 when it came out.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:659985
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.