Agnostic.com

3 3

Experts analyze key moments of fatal police shooting in Grand Rapids

This makes me physically ill. A completely unnecessary death. You cannot blame black people for being scared to death of the police when you see videos like this. I'm scared of the police too, because their actions are completely unpredictable.

[usatoday.com]

TheoryNumber3 8 Apr 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fucking cops! I don't trust them either, and I'm white.

Always blame the victim, of course, but this was a wholly avoidable, needless, ruthless murder. That it wasn't avoided certainly highlights just how completely unfit this guy was to wear a uniform. Except that he works in a virulently racist Christian Nationalist district.

I am scared of them too, and particularly scared for my son, who is on the autism spectrum. His eye contact is unusual, and it takes him longer to respond to commands than typical people. He drives, too. I can't even imagine the terror Black mothers must feel. This is what happens when you give a sociopath a gun and a job with complete impunity.

I completely agree. I was stopped a year or so ago for speeding (bad habit of mine) and the officer was nothing but polite. But still, I felt some trepidation that he was going to "snap" for some reason.

No, I can't imagine the fear black people must feel every time they leave the house.

I lost my trust in police when in 1978 shortly after my discharge from the USAF, I had a gun pointed at me on the freeway. I stopped at the county police department and tried to file a report. The CAPTAIN who was on the steps who I encountered said, "maybe the guy was having a bad day". Took my paperwork with the license plate and said he'd take care of it. Never took my name.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:661867
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.