Agnostic.com

4 4

So I'm at CVS getting liquid benadryl for my son. I find some but it's labeled "Maximum strength! 50 mg in 20 ml". So I keep looking. Finally I find the pediatric one. 12.5mg in 5 ml. . .

towkneed 7 Apr 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Benedryl has a side effect that is used as a sleep aid. The generic name is LORATADINE. It is in sleep aid section & might be cheaper. Options. Benedryl is the company's name for marketing loratadine.

Actually it's diphenhydramine. Loratidine is Claritin (https://www.rxlist.com/claritin-drug.htm; [rxlist.com]

How do you like this one...

A-ha! So if they were the same price per ml, we now know how much to reduce the dosage of the adult kind for kids, if we're on a budget or if the store sells out of the pediatric kind. 😉

Actually you don't even have to reduce the dosage. 50mg in 20 ml is the same as 12.5 mg in 5ml. (20/5)x12.5 = 50

Yea, it's just marketing mathematics. All the same syrup just labeled differently.

Word Level 8 Apr 22, 2022

is that like paper towel or toilet paper math?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:662118
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.