Agnostic.com

45 2

What is your favorite season and why?

Spring is finally here! A time of rebirth for the flowers, trees, insects. Most animals have their young during the Spring. That being said, my favorite season is Summer. Long hot days, flowers in full bloom, swimming, and outdoor activities.

• 19 votes
  • 17 votes
  • 22 votes
  • 7 votes
  • 6 votes
ebdb 7 Apr 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments (26 - 45)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My real favorite is fishing season.

Any time but winter.
It's why I moved from the far north to the southwest.
Snow...just say No.

Summer I have a painful spinal condition,that cold weather causes problems.

OUCH! I'm sorry, ''old."

Fall. I love the cooler weather after summer, the leaves falling, the briskness in the air. I lived in California for 9 years, and I missed the change of seasons very much. Ended up coming back home.

I voted Spring, but in order I really prefer Spring, Fall and summer. I simply hate being cold..

Its'_Always Winter In Scotland!

Coldo Level 8 Apr 25, 2018

Living in Florida, all of the seasons have their appeal. Notably - no snow in winter, and different flowers start blooming (azaleas in January, often, for example), Spring this year has been spectacular and more long-lived than in recent years, and Fall is also lovely. If I have to pick a least favorite it would be summer - but that is not why we live in Florida. We deal with summer to enjoy the rest of the year. My first year here I was in the ocean on Christmas day. Idyllic!

I love living in a place with all of the seasons. We even have an extra one up here: road repair. Lived places where the weather barely changes at all. Yuck! As long as my joints let me, gonna live someplace like Minnesota. 🙂

Spring, myself. Not too cold, not too hot. Right in the sweet spot. That and everything isn't all 'imma die now bye'.

Fall is so bittersweet. I love it!

I've always loved fall. It's a nice temperature and there's a certain crispness in the air. It can be pleasant to go out while not being too loud and everything. I used to like winter, but now it causes depression due to associated experiences.
I get seasonal depression when the weather gets hot and the days longer, starting in spring and through summer. It's like trying to ride out a wave of severe pain (I have dysmenorrhea, so an all too familiar experience) where you can't really function, and all there is to do is just grit your teeth and wait for it to end sooner rather than later. It's like being in that state of just gritting your teeth and 'praying' (for lack of a better word) for it to pass quickly, but for months straight. I can't really focus on anything, it's difficult to enjoy anything, and it goes between insomnia because everything's too hot and messed up to sleep, and oversleeping to pass the time quicker, but ending up with the related headaches, etc.
I'm also antinatalist, so the rampant procreation in spring is not a good thing. And I have the misfortune of living across from a school, so the child dense neighbourhood gets loud during the summer, and my neighbours constantly set off fireworks then which are really distressing for my PTSD and sensory issues.

I like spring,it symbolises hope of better things to come.

Football returns, plus after a Houston humidity fest known as summer, the relief from the heat is palpable...

It depends on where l am living.

Fall because summer is too hot. Spring is OK at first but then the bugs come. I like fall because the first frost kills the bugs.

Two....spring and winter....and, I guess, it has to do with growing up in the Argentinian Patagonia....where the summer is like the spring and the fall is like the winter here.

I personally enjoy salt, but thyme is pretty good.

Joking aside where I live there's this weird little maybe a week between summer and fall that is heavenly lol. It's colors are saturated and the temperature is great. I really love that time. I also love the place between winter and spring where it's not warm but not cold and it rains all the time

Any. Just get me outside.

I love the snow, the fireplace, snuggling down with a book

Spring is good in the Houston area; cool and refreshing winds, enough rain; it even smells better and that's something considering how many steel towers we have around here. Fall is ok for temps but Spring has my vote. Winter is usually wet and miserable, Summer is usually wet and miserable. Give me Spring any day, that is until I move north!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:66237
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.