Agnostic.com

6 5

LINK Christian show 'The Chosen' vandalizes its own billboards to generate buzz

(Just more fake "religious persecution".)

In an attempt to portray themselves as better than other forms of faith-based media, the producers of a new Christian TV show engaged in the most stereotypically evangelical scheme ever: They depicted themselves as victims of persecution when no such thing was actually happening.

The show is The Chosen, which generated plenty of (earned) media after a successful $10 million fundraising campaign. It attempts to tell the story of Jesus as if it were a multi-season prestige drama. Since its premiere in 2019, though, the best thing you could say about it is that it’s not as eyeroll-inducing as other Christian shows… but unless you’re a Christian starving for Christian content about Christianity, you’re almost certainly not binge-watching this… or even regular-watching this. (The first season is available on YouTube. Season 3 just began filming. There are supposed to be seven seasons in all.)

snytiger6 9 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Scumbags.
They should be criminally charged.
I don't care what stupid excuse they make.
It's still vandalism, and it is still a crime.

Even Blind Freddie would be able to work out in a few seconds from the wording, etc, etc, that the SUPPOSED vandalism was done completely and utterly by the Christfools themselves.
I wonder what kind of roster they have so that EVERYONE of them gets equal share time with the ONLY brain cell that the ENTIRE Community has?

What a lot of bull dust.

Playing the martyr card again huh? I am not moved.

Playing the martyr card again huh? I am not moved.

Pathetic hypocrite assholes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:663041
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.