Agnostic.com

29 1

Does the weather affect your mood?

In southeast Pennsylvania it's either rainy or cold or both. I am so ready for a bunch of warm sunny days. When it rains it makes it hard to garden outside and I get the blahs.

ebdb 7 Apr 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Definitely. If it's too hot, or if it rains, no biking; no biking, no happy.

Grey or rainy days tend to make me sleepy. The potential for severe excites me.

Zster Level 8 Apr 25, 2018

@SACatWalker Exactly!!! Cozy up and read a book when it rains... Nose against the window? You must not live too close to trees. I watch through my windows, just at a respectful distance. My home lot is rather heavily wooded.

Yes. My depression is worse in the winter and on cloudy, dark days. On the other hand I find thunderstorms and snowstorms exciting. A sunny warm day is uplifting.

Only badly when the rain sets in for more than 3 days. The snow and sunshine invigorate me though.

Heard Trump is highly upset about Stormy weather!

Good one!

It affects my joints and there fore my mood. But we have drugs!

Oh cabin fever is real....

That is why I am living in the southwest. That two dimensional time where everything is black and grey is hard for me to take. But water is good so it is a trade off

Yes it does...I love the rain, in short bursts haha. I completely understand how dreary it gets if it lasts too long. The cold just makes want to curl up in a blanket and sleep.

Oh dear, it's april, and that's always a very difficult month here in Belgium. Last week it was 27 degrees celsius, like summer. Now it is 15 degrees, and on sunday it will be 7 degrees and raining the whole day. We have an Atlantic climate, mostly winds from the west, often northly, and sometimes continental weather from the east from russia. It has a lot of influence on daily life and makes the differences in what to do, inside or outside, gardenwork or atelierwork. I am woodcarver- artist and writer, so lucky I can always choose depending on the weather. And you?

A cool overcast day makes me happy. Oh, so happy.

Gohan Level 7 Apr 25, 2018

As a long time resident of the Southwest region I have found that the heat can absolutely be physically draining and my appetite becomes nonexistent. In lower temps(20~60f), rain, snow and particularly higher altitudes I tend to have a lot more energy and better mood in spite of more aches and pains. I also start eating a great deal more while simultaneously losing weight. Can't really explain any of it but I do know it was nice being sent to CO for 7 weeks only to return home 32lbs lighter. ?

So, I'd guess you didn't get the munchies in CO?

@Condor5 oh my no... I drove prototype cars for Toyota and Lexus at that time. The new LS500 and LC, the ones that just came out a few months ago actually. Really great cars if you have 70k~90k. ?

Yes. In a major way.

Big time. It sets the mood. But this is Fl. it will change.

Rainy days make me vurry vurry happy ?
Sunny days are just down right annoying ?

Definitely except I enjoy rainy days vs most ppl because I know I can enjoy being shut in no one will be out bugging when it's raining lol (but I stay home daily)

Everything affects mood 🙂

Grey overcast days give me migraines from the glare and can bring me down. Sun or rain are great, but the bit in between.

Only if it starts raining when I am out for a walk without an umbrella.

Yes, I get cloudy with a chance of showers from time to time.

cava Level 7 Apr 25, 2018

Definitely-last 3 days were nice -today raining all day.

Yes. I feel my moods bump up in the Spring. Also my allergies.

It affects both my mood and my arthritis.... in the past low pressure systems would precede an onset of migraine headaches... that part is better now that I am older...

blzjz Level 7 Apr 26, 2018

Sometimes it affects me

Yes very much so

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:66356
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.