Agnostic.com

6 28

LINK 0.0% of Icelanders 25 years or younger believe God created the world, poll reveals | Icelandmag

Iceland seems to be on its way to becoming an even more secular nation, according to a new poll. Less than half of Icelanders claim they are religious and more than 40% of young Icelanders identify as atheist. Remarkably the poll failed to find young Icelanders who accept the creation story of the Bible. 93.9% of Icelanders younger than 25 believed the world was created in the big bang, 6.1% either had no opinion or thought it had come into existence through some other means and 0.0% believed it had been created by God.

snytiger6 9 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Those are some very smart people! 😍

It's good that Iceland is more enlightened than this country.

These days that's not saying a lot.

It is good some countries are enlightened. It would be better if all countries were.

I wonder how many of them believe in trolls?

The government requires any building of structures or roads, etc to be sure that accommodations are made to protect the elves or their areas.

Iceland is the best place I've ever visited. I wish I could live there.

Wish i could agree but i do not like cold. Even now some are running their air conditioner. I'm using my fans sometimes.

@DenoPenno You don't feel the cold as much because the people are warm.

If I am ever able to leave this country, I will go to a Scandinavian country. They are so much more civilized.

What an enlightened group of young people. 😀 I wonder if all the active volcanoes they have there, and all the earthquakes due to their position right on a tectonic plate boundary, has stimulated the study of science (especially geology) in their culture. 🤔 In any case, hooray for them! 🥳

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:663948
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.