Agnostic.com

8 11

Going to go to the YMCA for the first time ever in my life tonight. My mom never allowed me to learn to swim. I figured it's about time I find out what to do. You're never too old to learn new things. And I lived on (sometimes IN) the Mississippi River....it's a wonder I didn't drown before this. I do know how to float, my one saving grace.

Larimar 8 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Let me know if the branch still has you sign a loyalty to Jesus card. I had to do that every time I joined a new one. Assholes.

I didn't see it on any of the paperwork I did

Awesome!! Learning to swim opens up roughly 70% of our planets surface that might have been unavailable for you to feel comfortable on in the past 😂

We all float. Make sure you learn the survival float. It saved my life.

When we were young, we often went to the local Y. Then one swam sans bathing suite.

Learned swimming there

The Y is a great place to go! I belong to the local one, and love it. You will, too!

Important skill to learn, plus it's great exercise, easy on the joints and just makes you feel good to swirl around freely in the water! 🙂

Yeah, good thing on my arthritis. I slept well after

You will love it!

dkp93 Level 8 May 2, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:664014
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.