Agnostic.com

7 7

Having physical pain in the US means you don't always get what you want. There are things I do and can't help doing that torture me. If I try to lift the 30lb pup into my car (back of Honda Fit) I'm in pain later, when they swim at the park and I have to dry them before putting in the car they shake IN the car unless I'm kneeling on the ground with leashes trapped in the door thru a window so I can dry them.
Puppy made an escape attempt when I was leashing and getting out Leela so I had to snag him half out/in. I asked my doc about RFA which is radio frequency ablution kills nerve endings (not permanent) and he said his mom told him when he was younger pain is part of life and get used to it. I'm having a lot of difficulty getting "used to it."
Back surgery in lumbar region 2015 I didn't know until lately the metal holding me together instead of going back to front goes left to right and ever since the chiro the pain hasn't let up. It's impossible to get pain meds ANYWHERE. It would cost me about 1k a month. Insurance won't pay.
I have learned to make my own poppy seed tea and when tested it isn't in blood or urine. So I can take the edge off at least. I'm only putting one teaspoon if I put two it should help without killing me. I THINK.
Anyone else have chronic pain? How do you deal with it? My jacuzzi helps a lot, ice packs too but it's a constant of my days.

K9Kohle789 8 May 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have chronic neck and back pain. I had an operation to insert a separator in my vertebrae (Vertiflex) and continued to get the RFAs and hydrocodone, but couldn't make it to the doctor's office on time once so they turned me away just as I got there (said to reschedule) and I basically told them to go screw themselves. Long story - it's a 20 mile RT for me. Now I'm not getting anything but have put in to see two other doctors. Yes, the pressure to stop taking pain med is enormous and incessant and completely unjustified. There's stigma from all sides. My doctor was good about it but people like pharmacy aids would treat me like just a drug addict, make me wait, tell me to come back, not tell me when it's ready... so I had to switch pharmacy even. It's insane. I spend most of my entire day and night on my back. Nothing helps. 'Sorry, I don't have any advice.

Tennesee has severe cannabis laws, so THC concentrate is probably not an option. Becoming tolerant to the psychoactivity can seem problematic at first anyway. If that is somehow still an option, THC hits a lot of the same cells as opiates.

A possible alternative may be large doses of CBD or hemp extract (in tincture). If CBD is available, you might try gradually taking more to see if you get any relief.

Chaga extracts are also anti-inflammatory but be cautious in case the active agent includes an NSAID.

My pain doctor gives me cortisone injections , also good CBD oil helps, no thc so clean urine

bobwjr Level 10 May 10, 2022

I'm so sorry you have to cope with this, and that it's so challenging to get treatment.

If you can, find another doctor. I've found Facebook groups to be a good free resource for health issues. Search for ones that deal with pain management or your specific condition, and they may offer treatment suggestions you haven't thought of. Some will list physicians who have been responsive - and those that aren't - which may help you narrow down your search. Good luck.

What they don't care to take into consideration is their patients then have to turn to other means of alleviating the pain - duh - but then that helps them justify not treating you because they can say you're just looking for drugs to get high or whatever. All they care about is how they look, not how we feel.

I'm very sorry you are have to experience this. I hope you will consider Doctor shopping.

That's what it comes to, but then they turn that into yet another excuse not to treat a person... because they were "doctor shopping".

Your doctor is an asshole and you should tell him your mom told you to stay away from quacks. I have osteoarthritis that affects most of my joints. Pain mitigation is a treatment priority, my doctor is kind of phobic about opiates but accepts they are my best option at this point. (I had a life threatening reaction to Nsaids)

I have chronic pain. I used to supplement the non-opiate pain killers with cannabis. It helped a lot. Now I have to do without because I can no longer afford cannabis.

@K9Kohle789 How nice for you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:665418
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.