Agnostic.com

27 9

Have you ever tried to believe in god, but you found yourself not able to?

No doubt that I’ve met some pretty amazing people, who are religious from all sorts of different faiths, but when it came to me trying to give their belief a chance, something in me just couldn’t do it. I know people want to put a God out to be of love, you have to be practical and realistic that the things that were going on during the new, especially Old Testament wasn’t love at all. I was recently invited to a church and I didn’t refuse. Even though the church music is supposed to be uplifting, I find it rather annoying. The music almost sound like the adult religious music version of kitty music for kids. I’ve read the Bible and the whole time I was reading it, it just felt like I was reading a book of fairytales. Maybe this is who I am and can’t change it. I’ve tried several times to believe in God and even in the past I tried to be religious. Something about church just never felt right for some reason. It wasn’t for me.

EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think I may have always had doubts but was afraid to admit it to myself. When the need is there we can be quite good at lying to ourselves. Or maybe I should just restrict that to myself. I can't speak for others.

I tried reading the Bible but did not hold my interest because
I don't like to read for pleasure and I don't believe in fairytales.
I don't read for pleasure I find it boring every out of necessity
to increase knowledge and learn how to do things, repairs things
and understand things.I see nothing to be gained out of the Bible.
And you can always find something in the Bible to justify what
you are doing is OK. It is just not a very scientific book. I base
decisions using the scientific method.

dc65 Level 7 Dec 5, 2017
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6660
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.