Agnostic.com

11 12

Is this the real reason the number 13 is thought to be unlucky by men? Because it honors the feminine? I've never heard this before. Has anyone else? More crazy stuff!

Julie808 8 May 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ultimately, it is a connecting number between 12 and 14....

Look into when the Knights of Templar were attacked and slaughtered with the then Pope's approval. That is the real reason for Friday the 13th being "unlucky".

Reads like 70's Woo....

Scientific studies by cognitive psychologists prove that it's unlucky to be superstitious.

Superstitious beliefs are just as bad as religious beliefs. How many idiots have stayed on the thirteenth floor of a building and convinced themselves it was the fourteenth floor because of superstition? So stupid.

Back in the sixties when I lived in Europe most large modern hotels didn’t have a thirteenth floor. Same in the states. Like not having the number there makes the floor above the twelfth better. 😂😂

A little stat. World wide the most common house number incorporating a letter in the address, is twelve 'A'.

@Barnie2years exactly, the thirteenth floor didn't magically disappear. Those who believed they were on the fourteenth floor were on the thirteenth floor.

And still another explanation for our triskaidekaphobia

[history.com]

Not heard that one before, and odd numbers are usually considered to be male in most traditional lore.

Thanks for the knowledge here. All I know for sure about Friday the 13th is that it has always seemed very lucky for me. Notice I said "seemed." We make our on luck but I usually see everything about Friday the 13th as positive in every way. Yesterdays work example - very busy, time passing quickly, everything falling right into place as it should be.

Yes, while I'm not superstitious, I find I have more "luck" with a positive attitude!

I was born on Thursday the 13th, but on my 6th birthday, my dog Jinx was born on Friday the 13th. He made my life very happy, so nothing unlucky about him!

Oh, and I'm not saying anything in this post or thread is knowledge, but superstition for sure!

13 is lucky in Thailand. To do with Judas being the 13th apostle or something isn't it? Friday is when they nailed JC up supposedly?
I blame Xtians

puff Level 8 May 14, 2022

Gotta say that Judas was my favorite apostle... seems to me that if he hadn't "betrayed" Jesus, then there wouldn't even be a religion. Seems to me that Judas has been greatly maligned. If Jesus hadn't been crucified, and "died for our sins" there wouldn't really be a story to capture our attention for 2000 years. Jesus would have been just one more prophet, in a long string of prophets trying to reform the current religion of his day.

Sounds like just some random bs somebody made up to start an internet meme. I doubt there’s any historical evidence for it.

[en.wikipedia.org]

skado Level 9 May 14, 2022

That could be, since there seems to be many reasons why the number 13 is considered to be unlucky, but I had never heard of the "divine feminine" explanation. I'm not superstitious and personally love the number 13.

Also the date the Knights templar were executed

bobwjr Level 10 May 14, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:666215
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.