Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK 'Quit filibustering it': Republican's town hall heats up over gun laws

"Do something! Just do something. For god's sake, do something!"

One Dude's Opinion:
I have long felt that solving the gun problem is a Con responsibility. Dems have long demonstrated an interest in doing something. In fact, we have (Biden, in fact, has). Until the red Cons exercise that great responsibility, in the face of their great power, nothing can be done. The Baby Boomers are, as a generation, evil and malignant. What really needs to happen is for them to admit crass failure and step aside.

rainmanjr 8 June 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interesting, I do not think much will change. Alice is trying to politicize all this.

Neither do I. Certainly not enough to stop the shootings. In fact, if something does get passed (and it fails to stop them) Dems will be criticized for it.

Most baby boomers are not Republican. I'm 76 tomorrow and a boomer. I have no idea what the Greatest Generation is.

I'm 63, so a BB, and TGG was the WWII folks. BB's went nuts for RR and Jr43.

I don't think you can meaningfully claim this is coming from the Baby Boomers. Do you have any arguments to support the assertion? Certain very few of the shooters are Baby Boomers.

BB's taught this garbage to their kids, who taught it to theirs, and now we have the stupidity our generation brought into prominence. I see all of our disgusting nation's problems as being born from the BB's. That's my opinion but, when algorithms promote good citations, I'll share those. For evidence I would show that it wasn't this way for The Greatest Generation so it must have come about after them.

I'm not at all impressed with The Greatest Generation. They conveniently looked the other way as the Holocaust was committed, and Manzanar built. They started the Deep State with the Nat'l Security Act of 1947, and all the cold war paranoia that went with it. I will say that the BB's were weak in standing up against bigotry and the excesses of Conservatism.

@racocn8 They also embraced dogmatic religions and forced it upon their kids. Vietnam sent them into fits for Conservatism and RR. You make good points about The Greatest Generation, too.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:669721
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.