Agnostic.com

3 5

LINK Rent: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO) - YouTube

Poking fun at high housing costs in the U.S. ...

snytiger6 9 June 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Greedy landlords are certainly a problem, but the real villain here is the corporations that are buying up all the properties.

He speaks the truth about this situation. If I didn’t have a son who would take me in, I would be living in my car. I happen to have family that love me, but many don’t, or their families are struggling as well. I will probably have to live with my son for the rest of my life. It’s hell to be poor and a senior.

Exactly, me too. I lost my job right before the pandemic and fell into terrible depression when I couldn't find a job. Had my daughter and son in law not taken me in, I'd have been on the street-i didn't even have a car- or I'd be dead as I thought about suicide every day. Thankfully I had effigies insight to know what that would do to my kids. Depression is better now, but I do wonder if I will ever be able to afford my own place again.

@JonnaBononna I’m so sad for the situation you and many other women find ourselves these days. Our Government doesn’t seem willing or able to fix the inequality the Country is mired in. I found I couldn’t even qualify for rental assistance as they tell me I make too much money to qualify for help. With half my husband’s pension from the VA and my SS, I make 29,355 a year. It’s not possible to make rent, make a car payment, insurance etc. to make it on that amount of money with rents going through the roof. I’m so glad to know you’re safe with your kids, and you have the depression under better control. 😘

Capitalism working the sick, cruel, greedy way that it's intended. There's a reason that the board game Monopoly was originally titled " The Landlord's Game"...

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:672661
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.