Agnostic.com

6 12

Just sent my daughter, 32, a Valentine's card to hide cash. Ha ha!

I bought that card when Claire was in high school. Broke up the the guy just before Valentine's Day. Never used it because it was too lovey and gooey. The front page was covered with the word "LOVE" (over and over) embossed in white-on-white. Nice.

Backstory- For Father's Day, Claire drove to Wenatchee for the weekend. It's 280-miles round trip, including driving over steep, dangerous Stevens Pass twice.

"I forgot to give you money for gas," I texted after she got home. "Did your Dad give you money for gas?" Yes, she replied. "But it wasn't enough. Gas was extremely expensive!"

The red envelope and card hid the $20 bills. Wanted to spare Claire driving to cash a check.

Laughed as I wrote, "Ha ha! I bought this card when you were in high school. Broke up with the guy just before Valentine's Day. The front LOVE stands."

Inside I crossed out eye-rolling phrases like "I love love being in love with you." Left the words: "I especially love talking and laughing with you."

When she got the card, Claire responded:

"Thank you so much, Mom! I'm so thankful and love you so much. LOVE the card. I laughed so hard. I love love it!!! So blessed and happy. Thank you for bringing me joy!"

Mission accomplished. Finally got rid of that stupid card.

LiterateHiker 9 June 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Maybe the two of you can send the card back and forth as needed, any time you want to mail something it's wise to hide.

So doubly effective. Good move!

So you kept the card for 15 years just in case you ever had a chance to use it. Now I don't feel so bad about the mess of stuff in my shed that I'll find a use for someday. 🤣🤣🤣

That was nicely done. With gas so high these days I fill up the tank 3 times a week just to avoid a cussing fit over prices.

@DenoPenno

Thanks.

It's 280 miles round trip, including driving over dangerous, steep Stevens Pass twice. A difficult drive.

At least you didn't get a tattoo. Easier to get rid of a card than a tattoo. 😉

zeuser Level 9 June 26, 2022

Very nicely done!

@KKGator

Thank you, dear.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:673775
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.