Agnostic.com

6 4

George Carlin:
Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

Gatovicolo 8 Dec 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

george is the man

Why is he watching? He is omnipresent and already knows what you're going to do.

A wise man-we need him here now-Would love him to do a monologue on trump

Definitely

Religion is a social engineering scheme. We in the West are conditioned to believe in anything but ourselves. We create our personal universe from day 1 peopling it with our experiences and our loves however religionists can find no controlling factor in such a point of view but if they can convince us there's something "out there" controlling our movements and lives, especially our "eternal lives" we can be controlled and shepherded by them. In my life there's just me and the universe I'm creating. Everything outside of that is yours.

This is definitely one of my favorite Carlin bits

George Carlin: You can prick your finger, but you can't finger your prick.

godef Level 7 Dec 5, 2017

HA HA HA!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6739
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.