Agnostic.com

7 6

LINK Half in new poll say Trump tried to stay in office through illegal means | The Hill

Three in 10 respondents believed Trump planned to stay in office through legal means, while 2 in 10 believed he did not plan to stay.

But the poll found that among Republicans, just 13 percent believed Trump planned to stay through illegal means. Half of Republicans said he was using legal processes to remain in the presidency, while more than a third — 37 percent — said he did not plan to stay.

Half of Republicans called the events of Jan. 6, 2021, “patriotism,” and 70 percent of Republicans said President Biden did not legitimately win the 2020 election, according to the poll.

The poll was conducted in the wake of public hearings held by the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack. Meanwhile, the Department of Justice (DOJ) is pursuing its own investigation.

snytiger6 9 June 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Very distressing. The best idea I have is to keep encouraging trumpanzees to refuse vaccination.

I will remind everyone again, 49% of the population have double digit IQs. While it might not explain everything, it does say a lot.

Well, yeah. An IQ of 100, is supposed to be average.

@snytiger6 Exactly, and the ones below 100 aren't all in the high 90s.

Teacher: The moon is spherical.
Republican: I believe in a flat moon.

Naturally I expect bad answers from people that have perception issues.
Did you know that most Republicans believe in an invisible man in the sky that spends all his time judging everyone?

The idea that Republicans, and even more so Trumplicans, can be reasoned with is absolutely ludicrous. It is the equivalent of trying to explain how over the top religion is to a fundamentalist.

Or like trying to talk to an inanimate object and expecting an answer.... It's a pity that these people were not at Jonestown and drinking the Kool-Aid there as well. It would greatly improve our politics, the same as the South and Midwest seceding from America..

The amount of denial and mindless loyalty to Trump among Repubs doesn't surprise me at all.

I was both surprised and disappointed when Trump won in 2016.

However, it is hard for me to reconcile the idea the republicans think Trump is an example of good Christian morals.

@snytiger6 The evangelicals don't care that he is immoral and not Christian in his morality or lifestyle. They support him because he is against Muslims, colored people, queer people, and feminists. More importantly, to them, he is determined to appoint conservative, anti-abortion judges. So they are willing to ignore his personal faults regarding morality or religion because he is on their side for the other stuff I mentioned. They are trading their integrity and religious beliefs in exchange for political power and in my mind, it makes them hypocrites and religious phonies.

Only Half?

barjoe Level 9 June 27, 2022

I am speechless. Anyone who watched any of the hearings knows that trump tried to stay illegally. I don't know what, but, something is wrong with these people.

Leetx Level 7 June 27, 2022

Sometimes, I don't know if it's more delusion or intellectual dishonesty, probably some of both..

@TomMcGiverin I think a lot of it is Willful Ignorance. You can logically present the facts, but they just will refuse to pay attention or accept the facts you present as being true no matter how much evidence you have.

In today's world religion is more based in willful ignorance than it is based in faith, so many republicans after a lifetime of practicing willful ignorance don't see anything wrong with what they are doing.

@snytiger6 Yup, they are deluded shitheads, at least to me. I will not waste my time trying to educate them. They need to be outvoted and if they refuse to accept election results, then they may need to be fought in the streets, collectively. I really don't care if some of them are killed should they want to fight out political conflicts in the street. They are, like the Nazis, a sick and dangerous group that our country would be better off if they were dead, at least the ones that are violent.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:673958
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.