Agnostic.com

47 7

Did you ever meet someone and knew they were the one for you?

I met my second wife at a singles dance in 2001. I asked her to dance and I had a feeling she was the one for me when she told me her birthday (it's the date my first wife and I split up). I put "Happy" on my name tag and she loved that and my sense of humor. She asked me out to breakfast and we have been together ever since. She told me later on she knew we would get married, and I had that feeling too!

ebdb 7 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

47 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As I saw her come through the lab door for the first time I told my lab partner ,"I am going to marry her" and I did now celebrating our 57 th year and all is great.

Congratulations!

That is wonderful, good for you.

My wife of 52 years.

Congratulations, those take a lot of work.

Yes, I was wrong.

@Beach_slim the ones I was glad to let go? 🙂

I met my (late) husband at a square dance class. At first I wouldn't give him the time of day, since he was too handsome. When we went on our first date, after about 3 hours, we looked at each other and said, "Where have you been all my life?" We met in January and married in June. We had 17 wonderful years together,

Yes.... we both knew it, but she was "seriously attached" to someone else. I'm not a home wrecker. We still cross paths occasionally and there's still a spark..... but......

Yes but it’s not a romantic partner. It’s was my bestie I met almost two years ago. We met and instantly clicked and realized that we are connected at the soul.

I did upon first glance. I was dead positive and so was she. When I came back from a stint in the Peace Corps, it turned out her new boyfriend was dead set against the idea. So was she by that time. Fourteen years later I married someone else who I went on four dates with and wondered why I was wasting my time. She felt the same way. We've been married for 21 years now and it couldn't have been better.

Yes, when I met my soulmate we clicked immediately. We had 13 fantastic years together. He died last year, 6 weeks after a cancer diagnosis. This grief is the hardest thing I've ever done, but I am grateful for having had him in my life. I know he loved me, and that can never be taken from me. I'll always know that I am lovable, and capable of loving deeply.

Sorry for your loss!

yep, and I lost her after only 3 months. I really believed in fairy tales for three months.

I thought I did. I was sadly mistaken, lol. Instead of Mr/Mrs Right...it was only Right Now.
I’m glad you found yours!

Thanks!

Yes. Here, in fact. It might be the real bonafide thing. It’s early I know, but we match up so well. It’s hard to ignore that. So in the vein of putting focus where I need to be, I’m officially off the market. It’s more real than even I can imagine. Exclusivity is the key word. The odd thing is that we both weren’t really looking. Which is just how it happens. ???

Yes but he was too hung up on social appearances to accept his own truth so he ended it to be with a woman that "Never wore the same outfit twice and always looked her best." I met him 33 years ago and we dated for a few months but he was too involved in his church for me despite being open minded to other ways of thinking so I ended it then. We dated again 5 years ago and the passion and friendship are still there but I am not at all concerned about my social appearance and he wanted me to look like a model at all times. Not happening! I am like the perfect mate for Popeye..I am what I am! So, yes I have experienced it but like ladyprof70 he was unable to accept it and I do not regret it.

"When we meet, we should circle each other, sniffing like dogs," I joked to new men on the phone. I was talking about pheromones. Only one man got the joke, so I dropped it.

Suddenly I'm hit with a lightning bolt of love, ecstatically running across a flowery field with arms outstretched, birds and butterflies fluttering overhead, into the arms of my one true love. CUT.

Love at first sight is a pervasive fantasy sold by Disney movies, rom-coms, stupid romance novels and advertisements.

Love is an action verb.

I would add pro-action rather than reaction.

I was asked out by a man I met at ballroom dance, and when I danced with him on our date, he was so good, I fell in love with him. My knees went weak and my head spun, etc.

We were together for a while, and had a wonderful time, but I eventually broke up with him when he said he'd not travel out of the country until his middle school age son was out of college.

Heck brother... i can't say. I never really had marriage on my mind. It slowly started to be more fun with that lady. Then when it all looked good i became addicted to her love.

Nope... I am 54 and still waiting. Tick tock, tick tock...I know. So good for you, we all love a good story !!!!

Yeah, I did. I met her at a work thing interstate. I resisted asking her out on the first night, totally caved on the second night. And then for various reasons I was stupid enough to call it off.

But absolutely knew when I first met her that we would be together.

Missed loves are difficult. Regrets should be rectified if you can.

Yes, unfortunately they didn't feel the same way....several times.

I still hope that lightning will strike 🙂

Absolutely. I met my soulmate... if that's what you want to call it. He died nine months afterward. I know it was meant to be. I just wish we would have had more time together

@idlopalev I still find myself grieving but I realize he will always be a part of me and knowing him has enriched my life. I'm ready for a new relationship now. Life is too short to keep crying. I have goals. Bucket list.

@LetzGetReal starmate. I like that. I think this is why religion is popular. People don't want to believe we die.

I met my second husband and knew immediately he was for me. I begged him to come home with me that first night, but he wouldn't. So we made out in my car until 3am. We lasted 10 years - did not have enough in common and he didn't appreciate my kids when they got older. Oh well. It was wonderful while it lasted.

Since I'm single, I would say no.

Yes, my first wife and boy was I mistaken.

Still waiting for that one.

No, but I've met plenty who thought I was their one.
They were wrong.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:67422
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.