Agnostic.com

47 7

Did you ever meet someone and knew they were the one for you?

I met my second wife at a singles dance in 2001. I asked her to dance and I had a feeling she was the one for me when she told me her birthday (it's the date my first wife and I split up). I put "Happy" on my name tag and she loved that and my sense of humor. She asked me out to breakfast and we have been together ever since. She told me later on she knew we would get married, and I had that feeling too!

ebdb 7 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

47 comments (26 - 47)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, that is a lovely romantic story, and it's nice to hear when it happens, but it's not a story that I can similarly regale. I've met several women I thought was 'The One', but here I am; single!

I am jelly. Congrats man!!

Proto Level 6 Apr 27, 2018

Thank You!

Yes, but clearly I was wrong...

Made me smile because I could say the same!

Beautiful story ?

Had that feeling a few times. But as fate would have it, so far it's been one sided, and the ladies involved didn't share that feeling... still looking.

Yes! I have had that experience as well.

I put "socially awkward" on my nametag. Apparently nobody got the humor in it so I spent most of the night at the bar drinking soda.

Very cool, I love this..

Yes, I did and it was the most wonderful three months of my life. I had the best birthday I'd ever had (or had since), and the best New Years Eve possible. Even the best Valentine's Day. I wasn't expecting him because he had his daughter that day. On the 13th the doorbell rang and there he stood with a huge armful of daffodils -- which he knew were my favorite flower.
What happened? Bad timing. They had married very young and he hadn't had a lot of experience. I was the first woman he dated after his wife very publicly cheated on him and filed for divorce. Almost everyone needs a transition person before they're ready to commit again. It was more intense than either of my marriages and he's the 'one that got away'. When I asked him why he was ending it he said that when he was with other women (I didn't expect him to date me exclusively) all he could think of was me. I didn't then, and still don't over 30 years later, understand that. But of course that didn't matter.

What a shame it had to end, at least you had those lovely few months together.

Several times; but it never turned out as well as yours did. Congratulations!

No I have not

Interesting question....I can't say that the minute I met someone I knew they were the person for me, but there is some kind of chemistry that presents itself that makes me know this person is someone with whom I'll be capable of having a romantic relationship. To me it's either there or it isn't at first sight or sound. I've felt this even when I was speaking to someone on the phone or e mailing and texting without having yet met. I suppose you call it an instinct and it serves me well. Also I think part of this chemistry is the fact that the other person feels it as well. I've never been in a romantic relationship where my partner didn't share that they had this same feeling at first meeting.

Yes, and I remember her still … too bad I’d been married just shortly before..

Varn Level 8 Apr 27, 2018

Yes, unfortunately I spent 10 years, a wedding and had a child before I realised I was futilely waiting for her to feel the same. I'm quite bitter that she let my efforts be the glue holding it all together and now that I'm emotionally spent she's just moved on like it was all nothing.

That's a bit sad.

@girlwithsmiles you should try it from my end

@Ianwalker1980 sorry, I hope things get better for you.

I've met several people who were the one. Happens all the time. But consecutively, not concurrently.

My last wife I found like that. I met her and I knew already. We married, had a lovely daughter, and lasted Married for 15 yrs. Things have changed but I still love her but this is it. She moved on and has a boyfriend. I am by myself. I see her often as we have a daughter and . \we usually go out for dinner. We did so 3 nights ago. I do not see us getting together again and have to get my own girlfriend and dating is very stressful to me. So I may end up alone, which is better than in bad company.

I fell in love with my neighbor. It was love at first sight. We spent every day together for a little over nine months when he very suddenly and unexpectedly died.

I went to a party that had name badges. I noticed the early arrivals had their own names, a few later ones were a little abstract/trying to be funny. I just wrote CUNT and enjoyed the reaction when their eyes moved from my face to my badge. No one tried to upstage that.
Suprisingly I didn't meet a future wife there.... Big Sunday Love Andy x

I met this amazing woman last weekend...but she lives on the other side of the country so I just don't think it'll work out

@FortyTwo LDR are hard. And I have very little time as it is due to my job. And she is so gorgeous and smart and interesting and creative and provocative. Plus she has a real job and no kids. She'll be scooped up on no time flat by someone in her state

Ive met two people I thought that was the case with.

how did it turn out?

@ebdb Both birthed me a daughter. Both broke my heart too.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:67422
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.