Agnostic.com

7 2

QUESTION What is your silliest or quirkiest romantic first date?

On a first date we went into an a curiosity shop and I was looking at some handcuffs. I joked around and told my date I would like to use them on her. She said, "that makes me hot thinking of that." So I bought them! Next we went to an ice cream shop and as we entered, the song "Thank You" by Dido started playing. I asked her to slow dance and people stared and gave us funny looks, but we didn't mind. We were in our own little world and oblivious. Holding her close and looking into her eyes, I was smitten. When the song ended we got two cones, held hands, and skipped down the street. Her care-free nature was one of the things that drew me to her. Use your imagination on what followed. As Dido sings "And I want to thank you, for giving me the best day of my life. Oh, just to be with you, is having the best day of my life."

ebdb 7 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I thought sure after, "people stared and gave us funny looks" while dancing at the ice cream shop, you were going to add a punchline about her being in cuffs! Your reputation precedes you! Haha!

A landscape gardener invited me to his place, (in the daytime) and had brought flowers so that he could show me how to do a flower arrangement. It was a really fun date.

Hmmm... my first date with my 3rd wife was cool. At the end of the day of the 2sc. day of meeting her. We went to a night time fire and set there eating smores that other people were making for us. She held my hand tight. To me that was a sign of her liking me. I was right. We've been married 8 years now.

I had been talking to this young woman for a while and when I felt there was mutual interest, I finally worked up enough courage to ask her out. I planned on taking her to one of my favorite spots where we could sit and talk and get to know each other a bit better. It was a beautiful summer day, not to hot, I picked her up and we drove down to the river. I spread out a blanket under the outstretched arms of an ancient old oak tree and set out a huge thermos of coffee (she didn't drink alcohol), two mugs and a box of goodies from a local bakery. We hadn't been there long when it began to sprinkle, not a hard rain, but she squealed, got up and was ready to head back to the car..... I didn't move. I asked her where she was going? She shrugged and sat back down and we sat there talking and laughing in the rain drinking coffee and feeding soggy pastries to the fish.

Sounds wonderful!

My most quirky first date was climbing Lockegee Rock near Cave Run Lake, Rowan CO, KY, and doing some birding with a guy. I wasn't interested in him as much as the wild turkeys and migrating warblers, but it was nice that he was willing to join me.

It takes me over a year to be sexually attracted to anyone so he was just an annoying accessory in my eyes, who didn't know anything about birds, but over a year later, things worked out.

I joined a dating site a few years ago and not long after I get a lady from Glasgow making me a favorite. Now she is very nice. About my age. slim and fit, nice looker, Lithuanian. We chat a bit (not much but a bit) and I have to tell her as I live in Liverpool (about 230 miles away) " thanks but no thanks. Glasgow is a bit far to walk you home hun, So sorry ". But she won't leave my thoughts. All the time I`m thinking " what if.. What if SHE IS THE ONE. Are you prepared to end up in some home with porridge dribbling down your chin and you let this slip away ". It keeps nagging at me, won't leave me alone, invades my thoughts all the time.

Meanwhile I need to buy a tent. I only had a small fessie one and needed a VWE thing for people to sit in at night/rain. Its November, so now is the winter of our discount tents. (sorry) Im on ebay and theres a 6 man tent, brand new, I bid £25. Then to my dismay see that it is " collection only " from Edinburgh Ahhh oh never mind theres 2 weeks left to run Im bound to be outbid. You guessed it.." only bid "

Well that settled it "this is fate" says I. Fill the old Volvo 440 with petrol and point it north.

We arrange to meet outside a catholic church. Took some finding after a 230 mile drive so Im a bit late and shes there, dressed all in black looking like a middle aged Morticia Addams. 10 yrs older than her profile. Takes one look at my old banger of a motor (got a better one now) and I can see she is NOT impressed. Anyway we go for a drink in town talk a bit and I ask about the church? " I am not a catholic. I am a vitch. (I did say she was Lithuanian) I only go there to steal their pow-ver. "
" Oh thats interesting " I say and about that time I realized that she had a prosthetic finger, made of silver (great looking nail on it though. Well if youve got a false finger you might as well have a great looking long nail). We do not hit it off. She makes her excuses and I walk her to her bus stop. I end up in a B n B having a great night out in Glasgow. Do a round trip to pick up said tent and chalk it up to experience.

The thing is (and it don't come easy to me this, as Im a " What you see is what you get " type of guy where religion etc. is concerned) What if she put a spell on me? It kinda makes sense. The thoughts, my error on ebay, it not being outbid etc. They could all be a " bring him to me spell ". Which so I`m told is one of the common ones.

Anyway I still have the tent, lived to tell the tale and yes I have traveled for meets since that have been fantastic. The only regret is I never got to hear about her finger.

Sure she could of. Anyone can, but luckily most people don't believe in it-thanks to US "rational" teachings. I could do psychic stuff since I was born, that nobody would believe, except that my sister and mom could do it as well, and both my kids can. We tried not to tell people because no point in more people using those types of powers. Better to let them keep thinking it's all "nonsense."

A Microsoft System Engineering exam. The rest of the class was coming back to finish it the following week, neither of us could due to work commitments so we paired up as a study group, started early, worked through lunch and went to dinner at the end to celebrate. A few wines with dinner, best not to drive home, stayed at the motel above the restaurant and the next morning went to the Royal Nation Show together as we were in town. Was a fun end to a very stressful week.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:67438
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.