Agnostic.com

25 2

Can you call your life a succesful life till now?

You are free to define success in your terms.

• 32 votes
  • 12 votes
heetendra 5 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am alive so am winning so far.

I'm not dead, therefore I have so far succeeded.

Fully succesful at 68 by my standards and what a ride! Adventure, travel, danger and unique experiences. Made my own choices along the way along with a few mistakes but have a roof over my head, food on the table, good friends and family and even some money in the bank.

Absolutely.
I've experienced the best and worst life has to offer..
and lived to talk about it.

I need a maybe option! Lol

I am healthy, happy, and free to travel, I own my car and my home.I think that's fairly successful.

Still alive; not in prison and have not killed anybody yet. Success in my book!

I'm 72, it's been quite a ride, not much I would do differently. And more great times to come.

Considering that I am indeed still alive (at least I was, at the time of this posting), then yes- I am most definitely succeeding at life. As such, I have developed skills such as eating, breathing, and performing other necessary bodily functions that facility my continued existence.

Of course, there are probably some that will disagree, and believe this to be a very bad idea; however, as they missed out on the period for open commentary, their positions, while noted, will be excluded from future consideration on the matter.

Whaooo my friend, I am impressed. You may have been a politician in a previous life. You said a lot of words but the message is quite short .. ???

@IamNobody I'm an author; why say in three words what one can say more pleasantly in ten?

@DerekD I hear you buddy, loud and clear ? Have a good weekend !!

Yes. I've been fortunate to have done some amazing things and met some amazing people. Life is a journey, not a destination. There's ups and there's downs for sure, so make the most out of the good times when and while you can and let the drama/bad $#!% fade away. Make memories that'll give you reasons to smile as you age.

I'm still alive so yup

We all measure success in our own way. My answer tomorrow may differ from the one I gave today.

No, and I say this because there is always more to learn, do, and there are bigger earnings.There are new kinds of people to meet, and I don't think I have escaped the things that are making me so rotten.

@heetendra No, I don't think that.

Because its my belief that my life is already in good mode and right track 🙂

Mine's been a failure,lost my daughter in 2015 to her redneck druggie husband.

By the original criteria I held -- marriage, kids, no career -- I'm a failure, and thank the goddess that's true! If I look at the path I've traveled instead, I'm very, very grateful. I had a successful career so that when I retired I had paid off my house and car. My daughter has been the joy of my life and is a kind, extremely intuitive physician. I found the love of my life when I found my dog a decade ago. On the relationship front, not so successful. Now I'm opting out of the search for a relationship and focusing on my bucket list. So, yes, I am successful.

Absolutely. To me the purpose of (all) life is to evolve and for humans that means to learn and grow. I have had unbelievable experiences and been around the world. Several relationships some failed (but they were still learning processes), several were so-so (I am still close friends with one) and one amazingly successful and even her death provided myself and many in the community a true lesson and gave us a meaning of appreciation of what one has. Now living on a extremely unique and beautiful place in the world with no debts, property, enough money, good health, many friends, lots of involvement and opportunities to continue learning and experiencing what life has to offer.

High highs and low lows, plus everything in between. I have had a full life so far, regrets I've had only a few of but not enough to mention. I do what I want, when I want and have no real hardship so yes I would call my life successful as I am happy and upbeat most of the time.

Depends on what you mean by that..Honestly I'm happy with my life..I make good money and so don't have to worry about where I'll eat or sleep..Life isn't always perfect but I'm managing rather well.

I refuse to use such criteria with my life, after all, nobody is purely a success or a failure, rather, we're a mixture of success, failure, and mediocre results.

My notion of success means staying alive and happy, so yup. So far, at least.

Professionally a very sound capital Hell yes..... The love department has always find ways to elude me, still a mystery to be solved someday

I made it. Im here and its now. Theres no fear of economic failure. It all came together...

On balance yes, there have been a few cock ups along the way but I'm happy with my lot for the most part 🙂

Many would not. call my life "successful". But I am happier than most persons who think they are successful.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:67482
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.