Agnostic.com

7 1

To demand tolerance presupposes being tolerant oneself.
But many of those who claim to fight for "justice" and "diversity" are only supposedly fighting for more, but in reality for less diversity (of opinions) and only for the justice of their own identity group.
Only their word, only their feeling counts, nothing else. Dissent is futile, even dangerous, because it is immediately stifled with accusations of "phobia" or discrimination.
A miserable vicious circle.

Matias 8 July 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Tolerance is NOT unconditional. We should not tolerate bigotry, racism, homophobia, xenophobia or misogyny... and many, many other things.

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

So I've noticed of late regarding American's belief in their righteousness.

Frequently hypocritical righteousness.

One can legitimately criticize an ideology if he or she can provide legitimate reasoning and evidence to support the dissent One can also criticize a behavior for good reason without attacking or demeaning the person exhibiting the behavior.

Most good ideas are eventually co-opted and exploited by those with lesser understanding … or agendas.

I used to be an extremist. Now I'm a moderate, I think all the extremists should be shot.

Indeed extremism in all forms is a vice, as it always steps upon someone. Moderation permits us all to get along as Rodney King said to poignantly.

Some are like that - some not.

skado Level 9 July 8, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:675793
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.