Agnostic.com

8 3

I am a little confused by this website. What is it supposed to be?

I finally figured out that one needs to earn points to do much of anything here. So, I have made it to another level. There are many groups on here, and I belong to several of them. A few of them have a chat feature, but everytime I go to it, there is no one there. This site seems to be just a place to create a bunch of posts. The funny ones seem to be the only ones worth reading, the others just seem like a bunch of bickering and negativity. Am I missing something here?

jeffyuu 4 July 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No one uses the chat feature much, because the main site functions as a chat feature.

Don’t worry too much about points. If you participate in discussions, and make a few posts you’ll have enough points to do anything very quickly. The point system is mostly just a deterrent to scammers. The main focus of the site is just hosting discussions, ostensibly about living the godless life, but in practice, about anything and everything.

skado Level 9 July 9, 2022

After you get to I forget what level, things go faster and you can forget the whole point thing. Once one gets up there it takes forever to get anywhere. If you have an interest that is not mentioned you can start a group.

Some times some one will get a sarcastic streak and the fun will begin. It can be fun, and a waste of time, to figure out who the idiots are and have fun with them. Do not take anything seriously and have fun.

This is a website for nonreligious people. Most of us are politically left. There is a lot of bickering. Sometimes it is necessary and deserved. Hope you can make good use of your time here.

Don't forget religious apologetics. You'll run into a decent amount of that here, too. It's probably best to just ignore those people because they essentially behave like trolls. They don't care if you prove them wrong or what you say, they'll just keep spewing the exact same shit over and over and over. Some of them will block you if they see you as a threat to their plan of trying to re-indoctrinate people that have abandoned religion.

I haven't seen any of these "apologists" you're talking about. I see people complaining about them, but when I ask who they are, nobody seems to know. Or they name somebody who isn't one. Could you supply a name or two? I don't think they exist.

@skado Everyone paying attention thinks you're one. That should be no surprise to you; we say it to your face. I don't remember the name of one of the other big ones as he blocked me a while ago.

@ChestRockfield
What is it you think I'm an apologist for? My dictionary says an apologist is someone who speaks in defense of an idea. I do that often enough for sure, but so does just about everybody on this site, you included. So what idea do you think I'm defending?

Just block the bickerers, like this weirdo that's all about the electric universe pseudoscience bull shit. He just wouldn't stop, so he's eternally blocked, and I'm fine with it. 😉

I haven't seen anything about the "electric universe" in quite some time and I don't believe I've blocked him.

@Theresa_N Maybe he watched Professor Dave explains video called "Debunking the Electric Universe" I kept posting links to so he got it finally, its the best alternative for him moving on. He could have also had a tragedy but I don't wish those on anyone unless they're responsible for war crimes or gendercide or something of similar sinister consequences.

No, that’s about it… joking and bickering.

Enjoy!

skado Level 9 July 8, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:675845
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.