Agnostic.com

3 6

LINK Morton's Restaurant Defending Kavanaugh Leads to Spike in Fake Reservations

It'll be easy to boycott Morton's. I can't afford to eat at a lunch truck.

barjoe 9 July 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Morton can tell Kavanaugh that for lying about his valuing precedents he can eat at home.

Morton's caters to snobby rich Republican assholes. I ate there before the pandemic. It's all a la carte. Porterhouse was like $50 and it's worth it. It's not that expensive. Basically $100 a person with normal priced wine, $120 with tip. I am broke now, at least I can't justify spending for anything but bills, gas and groceries. Morton's didn't have to make a public statement. I would've helped him leave out the back door tho. Business is business.

Good, screw 'em. I hope they go out of business.

They will get plenty of support from rich Republicans, who are prolly their customers anyway.

There aren't any near me, or I'd add my own reservation.

There's one a subway ride from my house. I wouldn't bother making fake reservations. It would only hurt employees that work there and would be a waste of my time. I prefer to support locally owned restaurants who need the business more.

@barjoe Good point.

@HippieChick58 if I had $300 to waste, I'd take a ride down the shore and get a motel rooms. Grab a slice of two of pizza and lay out on the beach.

@barjoe I have more than 80 hours of PTO. I am thinking of taking time off, but I really don't want to go anywhere, I don't think it is safe yet. That and I have 5 family members with Covid right now, so I KNOW it isn't safe out yet. There isn't a beach out here, and I really don't need a sunburn. I'm going to figure something out of what to do sometime this fall. With gas prices and a 16 year old car, it might just be a staycation.

@HippieChick58 I've been living of my savings for 2½ years so I just won't spend on anything but my bills, which are substantial, food and gas. When I switch to medicare January '23 I'll be able to tap into income without losing my Obamacare subsidy. Life sucks. I can see your point about Covid.

@barjoe I will be eligible for Medicare in January as well. However, I have a job I like and it pays well enough, I am going to stick it out until I'm 70 to have a better retirement. I have about 60 or more hours of sick time (I wish we just had one PTO pool, one thing I don't like about my employer) and I am going to as my eye doc if I am ready to have cataract surgery done in this next year. She say's they're ripe, but I 'm not noticing any vision changes.

@HippieChick58 I would do that if I were in your position, but I'm not. I actually am eligible in November but I figured out how to wait til January. I'll go on Part A Nov 1, keep using my ACA which ends 12/31 anyway. January 1st I'll start my Part B and my supplemental. It's because of Part B deductable which is for calendar year. It's tricky and most people don't know they can do that.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:676166
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.