Agnostic.com

8 19

LINK Walgreens Boycott Trend After Birth Control, Condom Sales Refused. ‘This Should Not Be Happening.’ - nj.com

“Our policy allows pharmacists to step away from filling a prescription for which they have a moral objection. At the same time, they are also required to refer the prescription to another pharmacist or manager on duty to meet the patient’s needs in a timely manner.”
Fuck Walgreens! Don't want to do your job? You're fired! Get the fuck out! Work at a Catholic hospital or something. #BoycottWalgreens

barjoe 9 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Arizona has passed something called the consciousness clause which allows pharmacists to do this.Oklahoma has tried to pass a consciousness clauses in the past. I wonder if other pharmacies are doing this to women as well. I don't think they can do it unless the state has passed laws allowing it and in that case I'm not sure whether Walgreens has a choice in the matter.

I don't need to boycott Walgreens because I use CVS LOL.

Walgreens just completed a takeover of Rite-Aid making it the largest retail drug chain in USA. I use CVS as well but millions of people use Walgreens, some mandated by their insurance. Walgreens made this policy on their own, was before Arizona introduced this horrendous law. Fuck Walgreens.

The people who hire or fire pharmacists can impose their bigotry too.

So far they can't hire and fire based on bias, unless you consider forcing employees to do their jobs being bigotry. This is the way I look at it 'We sell contraceptives. If you don't approve of what this company does, you don't have to work here. If you do choose to work here, you must agree to sell our products. If you can't do the job you were hired to do, that is grounds for dismissal'

@barjoe Not that. A pharmacy’s owner can refuse to hire, for instance, an atheist?

@yvilletom Not by law they can't, but if that atheist worked at a jewelry store and refused to sell somebody a crucifix because it offended him, they need to get another job and should be fired.

Yerp, the SCOTUS has given a green light to people pretending that refusing to serve people because of their own religious bigotry is somehow moral. Nope, it's just hatred and bigotry. Jesus wept.

I could not agree more. If you cannot fill the prescription leave. Get another job. Don't try to push your refusal into religious objection. Jesus has nothing to do with it. Before long your job might also include filling a prescription for an assisted suicide. How do you handle that? Can you dispense birth control pills or are you stuck on a Genesis "commandment" to "replenish the earth." Yes, the earth was plenished once and now we have to replenish it. That damned sky daddy. BTW, if you read the story of Onan again you find out that the spilling of his seed was not about him being a jackoff. Your preachers are telling you wrong. your job choice is wrong. YOU are involved in the crimes against humanity!

I wonder if Walgreens allows their cashiers to refuse to ring up a customer and take their money if the cashier is morally opposed to someone who is obese buying candy or sodas.

You are anorexic, blond, flat chested, left-handed, wall eyed, tall, bald and with a stutter. I can refuse to accept your money on any one of those grounds. 😟

@anglophone And refer you to another cashier that may or may not do the same.

Being politically correct seems to be more important.

Betty Level 8 July 20, 2022

Being politically correct by whose lights? I simply cannot understand the divisive tribalism that is currently running rampant in the U$A.

@anglophone Large companies will always be on the side that protects and increases their profits.

@Betty I like your take on that.

@anglophone It is a simple equation. Greed funds power. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

@anglophone Glad to see you admit you don't understand. How could you understand..... you don't live here.

@Betty A boycott won't help that bottom line.

@barjoe Are you going to organize it?

@Betty It's trending all over social media. That's how I heard about it. It's already taking off. Walgreens doesn't take my insurance, so it's easy for me to boycott. I can only go to CVS, even tho I'm currently using costplusdrugs when I can. I'd hate to hafta boycott them.

@Alienbeing Some foreign members on this site are better informed about what goes on in this country than many Americans, alot of whom are dumb as shit.

@barjoe I hope Walgreens take notice. Their policy doesn't make sense.

@Betty They don't care. They're scumbags.

@barjoe I'm not familiar with them so I will take your word for it. 🙂

@barjoe Some. but many clearly don't understand our laws and customs.

@Alienbeing If that bible nut had refused to sell me those rubbers, I'd have yanked him over that counter. I think foreigners can clearly understand that.

@Betty Scroll down to "Lawsuits and criticisms against Walgreens" and you'll be very familiar with what an awful company they are. [en.wikipedia.org]

@barjoe Apparently you are not familiar with @anglophone

@barjoe As far as I know there are no Walgreens in Canada. As far as I am concerned, they will reap what they sow.

@barjoe I still wonder why the Madman from Mars continues to flaunt his massive defects of personality.

@anglophone An opinion is just that, some have value and some don't.

Walgreens sell birth control. Any employee of Walgreens that fails to recognise this is clearly in the wrong job and is a mental defective.

Walgreens is the one at fault here. Their policy allows employees to refuse service and step away. Even though they are required to refer to another employee/manager it does not seem to be enforced. It is my opinion... The company hires employees to sell the products they carry therefor the onus is on them to do their do diligence in the hiring process.

Some people need to be fired.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:677511
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.