Agnostic.com

5 7

LINK Vatican slams German reformers, warns of potential for schism | News | DW | 21.07.2022

This one is for any out there who still think Pope Frank really is a reformer and wants to reform the church.

It amazes me that even now there are the faithful who still think this old bugger wants to reform this hedeous outfit. I've even got them in my sibling family.

This old fraud has been offering up vague statements to the so-called progressives for years, while behind the scenes bitch slapping any one or group intent on bringing this corrupt old racket somewhere near the modern era. This article shows exactly what he and his gaggle stand for. And anyone still foolishly thinking that he is 'struggling' with the old guard to reform the church should seriously wake up.

Remember all the baloney about him at the beginning? Never believed it.

David1955 8 July 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bastards (spoken with French accent). Francis seemed so sincere this time. haha. I agree with Dave that they have no intention of changing but, even if they did, how much could that happen given the premise? I'm hopeful that the Webb Telescope will soon make their claims utterly laughable.

Well I agree, but in what sense about James Webb T - aliens? Their claims are already laughable about the universe, human evolution and so on. It would be great if we made contact with advanced aliens ( nice ones ) who would chuckle at the mention of gods, Jesus and so on. Nothing like a bit of revealed parochialism to make claims look just silly. This may never happen but would be good if it did.

@David1955 Not at all. The scientific advancements, from pictures, are likely going to propel people away from the myths of yesteryear. At least, I would suppose so. They are already astounding. Add them to the advancements about to be made in quantum physics and we've almost certainly got a new understanding which religion can't survive.

@rainmanjr hope you're right, but in my experience if you tell religious people they're on a planet orbiting the sun, in a spiral arm of a spiral Galaxy, spinning around with billions, possibly trillions of other galaxies, they just look at you and go blank and either don't get it or don't care. If they don't get it by now, I doubt anything will reach them, whatever the science. But we can hope.

It's about time the non-hierarchy stood up the the clergy. After all, with the rampant abuses and other crimes committed by religion, especially the CC it's about time. The big problem, I have heard, is that the church has been aware of this change and is now concentrating on developing their position in developing countries.

Is it just me or have we not been here before…some centuries ago. I got deja vu whilst reading that article!

Yep; Reformation 2 - the sequal. History doesn't repeat itself; it just sadly rhymes.

The pope picks up all his sacraments and goes home.

Isn't this story from 1517?

Yes..history repeating itself!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:678037
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.