Agnostic.com

7 10

LINK Scientists establish link between religious fundamentalism and brain damage - Alternet.org

Wasn't sure where to post this.
Religious beliefs can be thought of as socially transmitted mental representations that consist of supernatural events and entities assumed to be real. Religious beliefs differ from empirical beliefs, which are based on how the world appears to be and are updated as new evidence accumulates or when new theories with better predictive power emerge. On the other hand, religious beliefs are not usually updated in response to new evidence or scientific explanations, and are therefore strongly associated with conservatism. They are fixed and rigid, which helps promote predictability and coherence to the rules of society among individuals within the group.

MerlinZap 8 July 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Once again, Science confirms what is obvious to all.

"Brain damage"? How can one damage something they don't have? Or if they do have "a brain", they do not want to use it; it might wear out.

I wonder if the world order organizations will do a study on a link of nationalism and brain damage. Forget about it, the owners, the real owners have the Government Gods in their back pocket. Vast majority have mushrooms brains , they are kept in the dark and feed on bull shit.

WoW!!!

Is that a No brainier, or what!!!

You can not full science or Mother Nature for very long anymore!!!

I would like to see more information about the study, like its published title, authors names, their qualifications, etc. Notwithstanding the lack of information, the inflexibility of mind demonstrated by religious fundamentalists does imply some sort of cognitive defect. 😂

Follow the link.

@MerlinZap OK..Jordan Grafman of Northwestern University— I read it too fast the 1st time 😎👍

Not at all surprising.

Not surprising, but it seems like the most common reason people are fundies is that they were raised that way by their parents, who were also fundies.

Abusive parents can cause brain damage. One of my close friends serves as an example of this.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:679054
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.