Agnostic.com

6 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Where does Suckerberg get off thinking he has anything in common with Neil deGrasse Tyson? Suckerberg didn't even invent Facebook, he stole the idea from his classmates.

Because of the word Meta. Neil invited him to do the show, I'm sure, but there's usually a comic in the mix. I wonder if Zuck nixed a third person being involved so nothing is even accidentally brought up?

@rainmanjr The only criticism I have of Neil deGrasse Tyson is that he thinks he's funny, and he's not. That's why he has co-hosts. I love Neil, but comedy requires the ability to let go of reality for a moment, and his mind is firmly anchored in reality.

@BitFlipper Agreed. Neil also stops to explore, or explain, too many unfunny stuff that the comic (often Chuck Nice) saves him from. In so doing he gets away from the guest but, without him, there would be no guest or show so I overlook it.

Did anyone else think that the question that Zuckerberg asked at 6:55 was what Tyson had finished explaining?

Yes.

@rainmanjr There are disadvantages to dropping out of college.

@Stephanie99 Not as far as I've observed.

Thanks for posting.

Excellent!! Could not be better- but way above my comprehension level. It is so interesting that I intend to read about it- and go back to the video a number of times.

Nice pics from the new telescope. Is Zuck having too much surgery or is he turning into a mulatto? IDK.

Iā€™m going with surgery

Always a pleasure to hear NDGT speak! Not so much MZ.

I really liked the VR look. That will likely soon be a standard thing.

@rainmanjr Yeah it's pretty cool šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘

Yes, yes and "yes"! Even if I understood only the smallest part of what Tyson had to say, it was worth it.
And his speaking style is excellent; lots of information, but not didactic.

It simply could not be improved upon octordle, but I'm afraid I just can't grasp it. Because it is so fascinating, I want to learn more about it by reading about it and watching it more than once in the video.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:679227
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.