Agnostic.com

9 10

So Alex Jones is going to be made to pay at least $US 4.1 million for his deceit and lies, and he could end up paying a lot more: [abc.net.au] It's about time his stupid stinking ass got whopped!

anglophone 9 Aug 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hope they bankrupt him and he is in dept for the rest of his life.

Betty Level 8 Aug 6, 2022

The jury in the city of Austin decided compensatory damages on Thursday, and must still determine any punitive damages.

Will be interesting to see what the punitive damages costs are.

Agreed. I very much look forward to seeing what punitive damages are awarded.

@anglophone my prediction. They'll award huge millions. He'll appeal. It will drag on and be reduced, or the judge will reduce them. They can do that. This is what happens in US courts, especially with these punitive damages cases. 4 million is nothing to him. Maybe at the end of the day the punitive damages will be high, but so are the ways to ameliorate them. Just sayin' is all.

@David1955 I get it: the US legal system, like Alex Jones himself, is fucked in the head. 😟

Lawyers made a good point: Speech is free, but lies you have to pay for,.

@David1955 P.S. What would be the chances of any punitive damages being increased if Alex Jones appeals?

@anglophone I hope it destroys him.

4 million? That'll hurt his loose change. Some rich fascist buddy will probably pay for it anyway. About what I would have expected. A blip and nothing more for him. The usual story in America.

I hope you are wrong but am afraid you may be right. 😟

It's definitely time for Whopner.

Jones and his ilk are the perfect candidates to be hooked up to tubes and have their life energies drained off slowly. He's just as liable for pain and suffering to those parents as the guy who murdered their children.

I would do this in Guantanamo and deny that this is being done while streaming it over YouTube.

@rainmanjr and charge a small subscription fee, and share the proceeds with his victims.

@BitFlipper I would finally be paying a subscription fee, then. Even I think that's a deal.

Hopefully this sets precedent where other people who have a platform are prosecuted for obvious deceit and lies.
Zupperhead should be next for data harvesting.

puff Level 8 Aug 4, 2022

That is one of the primary purposes for law suits and it's a pretty good system. The unfortunate thing is that the tumors get to spread their poison for awhile before the suit is adjudicated. When a Jury rules against the canker sore the truth of the matter seeps back into understanding but damage like his doesn't mend as easily as a verdict does for law.

That's pocket change for him, but punitive damages could be a lot more.

I hope he actuality has to pay it. Apparently he's trying to use some bankruptcy shenanigans to avoid it. Fucking scumbag. There's so many fucking scumbags in this world.

Pocket change and free publicity for him. Hope he goes to jail for perjury though.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:679812
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.