Agnostic.com

9 6

LINK Is a dress code banning "Satanism" a form of religious discrimination? - YouTube

The question of where to draw the line in how to define "offensive".

snytiger6 9 Aug 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Home schooling probably wouldn't have this problem. Jesus talked more about hell than heaven in the Bible, so it is the same thing. As long as there is no harm, as for words would not ever hurt me.

A lot christains say hail satan all the time, but use the name Donald Trump to make more friendly.

I think between the two, Satan is the better "person".

@snytiger6

Since Ragan add all the President to that lower list.

@snytiger6 undoubtedly

Not as long as they ban all religious iconography on clothing

Whatever "offends" a person is a purely subjective response to another persons statement or opinion.
No one should ever have the power to project thier own fragile sensibilitys onto another person in an attempt to control or suppress them.
To all the professional whiners out there, that's your problem not mine. I suggest you go hide in your "safe space" and deal with it.

Of course it's discrimination . I am just as offended by that as any other religious nonsense

Leetx Level 7 Aug 13, 2022

Some believe Satanism represents sadistic human sacrifices and general malfeasance. Some see Satan as rebelling against oppression, mind control, and patriarchy. Some see Satan as a joke. Some want to be scary. Some claim to be Christian and then do awful things. Some could easily argue that a dude hanging on a cross is a disturbing image and therefore ask for no crucifixes. Really the salient issue is how are the children treating each other.

If it is a public school, and they don't ban xtion or other religious stuff, undoubtedly.

Most of these school boards aren't populated with intelligent people.

Ideally, school boards should be an equal mix of parents and people who are either current teachers or retired teachers, so that way you get a balance of both people with kids who are outside the school system and people who have been inside the school system.

Yeah, probably.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:681349
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.