Agnostic.com

4 3

I generally like Robert Reich and respect his opinions. I've seen a lot of interest in cryptocurrency expressed here and elsewhere. Do you agree with Reich's assessment or does cryptocurrency provide a beneficial function?

racocn8 9 Aug 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree with Robert Reich. I feel sorry for people who lose their money on crypto but they deserve to.

Crypto is a ponzi scheme.

It's not just beneficial, it's critical. Global, decentralized currencies are safeguards against a lot of problems like runaway inflation and currency devaluation/manipulation. There are already two countries that have adopted Bitcoin as their national currency, and Bitcoin isn't even remotely the most useful and functional crypto coin. They will not be the last, either. People shit on crypto a lot, but they're just going to miss the boat. The trends are following the exact same pattern as the usage trends for computers/ the internet. Will coins fold? Obviously. A lot already have. But so have national currencies, even national currencies of countries that didn't cease to exist. Fuck, even in the US confederate bonds were sold and are no longer redeemable. But a lot of that is risk:reward. Same with stocks. There are tons of people who bought high risk stocks and lost everything on them. There is no such thing as a guaranteed investment. And as has been said a trillion times, never invest/gamble that which you can't afford to lose.
Now is actually probably a really good time to dip a toe in the crypto water. There was a huge downturn in crypto (and everything else) and historically crypto markets do well in October.

I absolutely agree with Reich.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:681895
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.