Agnostic.com

7 17

In Alabama, a county Republican Chairman posted a GOP elephant logo with KKK imagery.

Despicable.

A county NAACP chapter in northern Alabama is calling for the resignation of a school board member and local Republican Party chairman, who says his sharing on social media of a GOP elephant logo that included KKK imagery was unintended.

The Facebook page of the Lawrence County Republican Party had included in one of its posts an image that shows a representation of a GOP elephant with three Klansmen with hoods symbolized in the legs of the logo. The image originally appeared in a Mother Jones article from 2020 entitled, "The Republican Party is Racist and Soulless."

Shanon Terry, the new chairman of the county party who said he authored the post, is a member of the county school board. The Lawrence County NAACP said in a statement that his credibility on the board "has been tainted" following the post.

"We come here today to ask Shanon Terry, we are demanding your resignation," Lawrence County NAACP President J.E. Turnbore said at a press conference on Friday. "We do not want you to govern over our children."

The county party called the sharing of the image a mistake and apologized on Facebook in a post apparently signed by Terry, according to media reports.

"I would like to offer a deep and sincere apology for a picture that temporarily appeared on this page last night. A Google search picture of a GOP elephant was used and later found to have hidden images that do not represent the views or beliefs of the Lawrence County Republican Party," the post said.

[cnn.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

For some reason I don't believe him

No surprise.

Alablamama ... Dumbass..spelled with an A.

I am SORRY that times like this exist,,,I applaud your couragesness💫

He knew very well what he what posting.
This is the first time I have seen this image. The Klansmen in the image is very clear.
Republicans have become. very bold in their expressions of hatred.
Apologizing does not negate the message he purposely sent.
DJT opened the floodgates of hell.

Unity Level 7 Aug 20, 2022

It was a loud dog whistle. They're not even bothering to hide it anymore.

He needs to resign, and the Rethuglicans need to take a good look at themselves. However, I think it is too late for that, they are proud to be ignorant and racist.

I hope the republicans all double down and say as much as possible about what they are doing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:682522
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.