Agnostic.com

4 5

LINK Texas church apologizes after staging illegal, Jesus-infused ‘Hamilton’

From the article...

The Door McAllen church in Texas has issued a formal apology after staging an unauthorized, Jesus-infused performance of the musical “Hamilton.” The church’s theft earlier this month received national attention after film of its first performance was shared with me by an anonymous source and I posted several clips on Twitter.

The copyright infringement was bad enough. The religious messaging, which wasn’t in the original production, only made things worse. And to top it off, the show was followed by a sermon urging people to turn away from homosexuality.

In an Instagram post this morning, the church issued a statement apologizing for what it had done: ...

snytiger6 9 Aug 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The folks in this church are stupid! They could’ve avoided controversy by advertising their staging of the play as a parody … something along the lines of “Hamilton meets Jesus Christ.” Parody is how people like Weird Al Yankovic avoid being sued.

I won't believe them until they apologize to Alex himself and Alex accepts the apology. Should that somehow happen Alex might also not like being black.

Insincerity is just more insult. Sue the shit out of them.

Call me cynical, but I don't believe it is more than PR and trying to avoid paying a hefty payment.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:683118
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.