• 4 votes
  • 8 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 13 votes
  • 8 votes
PizzaHamsters 3 Apr 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hot sauce is an acceptable condiment for nearly everything.

That is the thing about spice is it is easy to go down but coming out is when it really hurts for me.

I know when I went over the hot threshold after I have eaten it... Many know exactly what I mean! It can be explosive.

Cayenne Pepper, just the right amount, can do wonders without ging over most peoples thresholds..

Depends on the cuisine. And there is a point in each of those cuisines where chiles can overpower the flavors. What is considered spicy in Thai is different than what is in Sichuan or Hunan or Korean or Indian. Or Mexican or Caribbean.

I cannot handle hardly any heat

I was sure I'm good with hot food till I went to India?.
Their traditional not made for europians food (That was stupid to order?) leave burn marks both on a way in and out?.

Depends on the food, doesn't it? If I'm having curry, give me a bloody madras, nothing less will do. If I'm having roast beef, I need some horseradish to give it a kick. Pork, I like the gentler taste of apple sauce. Pasta dishes, a bit of tabasco doesn't go amiss. In short, can't really vote, because any of them is appropriate for different types of food.

Hot enough to feel it the next day on the down side, edible enough so you can get accustomed to it while your are eating and taste all the flavors.

Not so much anymore. Every time I used to have thai food at a restaurant, I would order it thai spicy and tell the waiter that I did NOT mean the American version of thai spicy. I meant THAI SPICY.

These days I just order my thai food medium spicy. Even if I am in Thailand.

If I can't taste the food because my mouth is on fire, it's just wasted food.
I like flavor, not heat.

Love me some heat, but has to have flavor too.

Food without bang is just bangless food. Now, I'll admit to eating more mundane food from time to time, but I have also been know to put a few drops of Tabasco on my Trinkies for a bit of nuance.

I make my own hot sauce. Not only are you hurting when you eat it. The next morning when you do your morning business you pay for it all over again.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:68349
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.