Agnostic.com

5 13

LINK Christian school forfeits football game against team with two girls on roster

(A part of me wonders if they really object to the girls being there, or to the possibility of they team being beat by a team with girls on it.)

Valley Christian Academy, a religious school in Santa Maria, California, said it would forfeit an upcoming football game rather than play an opposing team that has two girls on the roster. It’s not the first time they’ve done this sort of thing, either.

The game in question doesn’t take place until October 29, but it’ll be an automatic win for the Broncos of Coast Union High School. To that school’s credit, the coaches aren’t apologizing for having two girls on their roster: ...

snytiger6 9 Aug 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Boys are at their sexual peak as teenagers, I don't know.

Dumbshits. I taught and coached at a private school and the league in which we played contained at least three xtion schools. Not just the students, but the parents were some of the worst behaved assholes. I and two others stopped a fight at a basketball game between parents. The xtions had been calling our players racist names, which the kids parents did not appreciate. The referee threw both families out - I understand why, still, the xtions instigated the trouble.
When I was coaching softball, some parents called to complain that I had "very loudly" said, "Jesus Fucking Christ!" I had, but not at them. Actually it was at no one. One of my outfielders had repeated a mistake right after I had taken a time out to speak with her. My AD laughed it off.

I've heard the same thing from other school sports coaches about Christian schools, that they have the worst behaved parents and athletes, and also some of the dirtiest players, since they believe more than other schools in win at all cost, rather than sportsmanship.. I still say things like Goddamn and JFC too, when I am angry, not that I believe in either being..... It's instinctive habit...

Seems like a great strategy for others to follow.

Suit up at least one girl and collect the forfeit. I do hope the lawsuit against them succeeds and that they are kicked out of the conference. They need to play with themselves, literally, lol! Maybe they and their shithead coach can have a circle jerk...

@TomMcGiverin I'm actually not for allowing girls, or undeveloped boys, to play football against developed athletes. I'm uncertain why anybody would want to. It's hard enough on the body and brains of developed men against each other so I think the physical risk is high and unnecessary. Play in your own weight limit and sorry for any hurt feelings. Those are better than spleens.

@rainmanjr I'm not a fan of football either, since I find the game too violent to even watch, but for me it's the same as gays and lesbians in the military. I would never have joined and am not a fan of the military in general, but I believe in equal rights and opportunity, so if the girls want to play football, it's their choice and not my business. Title IX is all about that equal opportunity for women and girls. I too am worried about concussions in football but it's their choice, for both males and females. That's not the same as using steroids in sports, where the cheating dopers are indirectly trying to force their competitors to do the same in order to win. That's why sports have rules against doping and enforce testing and bans to allow clean athletes to have a fair chance to win.

@TomMcGiverin No. Possibly the most important function of a school is safety of the students. As young people they are prone to taking risks which are not always well thought out. The obvious differences in body/muscle weight/mass make football too dangerous for mixed sports. Go play almost anything else together but not football. As Chancellor I wouldn't encourage it but stop short of an outright ban. Bans on anything don't work.

@rainmanjr Have to respectfully disagree. As long as high schools have football, which may not be the case after I'm dead, without serious rule changes to protect the players, I support equal opportunity, for both genders. I hear you about the safety risks, but have to respectfully agree to disagree. Personally, I would like to see high school football continue, but only with enough drastic rule changes to make it a lot safer, for any gender. But, like a lot of things, I'm not in charge of the universe and don't make the rules, same as I would like to see recent proof of therapy for anyone to be able to join a dating site. So you and I can wish all we want about how things should be, but our opinions won't change a damn thing about how things are run by organizations..

@TomMcGiverin when my stepson played ice hockey in high school there were several girls playing on his teams. One was a slight girl, the other pretty solid. The smaller one stopped paying senior year, I believe because the guys had gotten so much bigger and the game much more physical. But there were females on many of the other teams that stuck it out and were ferocious competitors. My stepson himself was not a very big guy and took some nasty hits!
One sport I can’t understand letting girls play is scholastic wrestling! Watching them on the news program, it looks weird even watching guys grappling with each other! They have their hands and faces in places that only lovers should have them in! 😂

@Barnie2years I can mostly agree with you. I find wrestling pretty gross overall, no matter which gender is doing it. With males, I find it very homoerotic, if you know what I mean... Still, as long as people are making their own choices and not using unhealthy or banned drugs for sports, I am ok with people playing whatever sports they want, regardless of gender or gender identity. It's the same way I support abortion rights, let people make their own choices. I trust them to do the right thing for themselves, rather than passing laws that say I or some religion knows better than them. And if they make a bad choice, it's their life, not mine. The only exception I make is when religious nutcase parents, like Christian Scientists or Jehovah's Witnesses, deny medical care to their minor children, and cause them harm or death, because those kids are too young and dependent, as well as brainwashed, to protect themselves from their parents dangerous choices. Only in those sort of cases of parental abuse or neglect, should the state step in and overrule private choices.

The same kind of thing happened all the time in my state, before girls high school wrestling became an official sanctioned girls sport. Before that, the girls would compete on their school's high school boys team and when they were set to wrestle a boy, the boy would usually forfeit the match rather than wrestle her, and suffer the humiliation of possibly losing. Another reason that boys would forfeit is if they were religious or conservative, and felt it was wrong to wrestle a girl with those norms.

You almost had the Andy Kaufman MATadors!

Scared of being beat by girls.

I wouldn't have wrestled with one, especially these daze, either. One grabs body parts blindly, in wrestling, so I'd be concerned about a lawsuit.

@rainmanjr I'm sure the girls, as well as boys who wrestle, have to sign their rights away for any liability on the part of the schools involved as well as the officials and other competitors. So no, there would be no risk of a lawsuit against a boy opponent.

@TomMcGiverin HS kids are under 18 and can't sign such things. We are going to disagree on this.

@rainmanjr I know they can't, but the schools have their parent or guardian sign for them. I've seen the forms. Hell, these days, you even have to sign a liability waiver like that to play Little League or to run in a road race. Your stance is why some political moderates hate liberals and lefties, because we come off as being advocates of a nanny state that goes overboard, in their eyes, by trying to eliminate all risk in life. We need to be aware of that and avoid playing into the stereotype there....

@TomMcGiverin I agree with fairness and equality. Not a nanny state. I try to warn Dems against doing that because it even turns off some liberals.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:683980
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.