Agnostic.com

12 12

LINK Texas lawmaker: Those Arabic 'In God We Trust' posters don't count!

The Texas lawmaker who sponsored the bill requiring public schools to display donated “In God We Trust” posters has finally realized there are massive loopholes in the law, including one that could allow signs in Arabic, and he’s desperately trying to fix a problem of his own creation. It’s not the first time he hasn’t anticipated the obvious consequences of his bills.

A quick recap: Last year, Texas State Sen. Bryan Hughes proposed S.B. 797, which said public schools “must” display a durable poster or framed copy of the U.S. motto “in a conspicuous place”… as long as it was donated or purchased by outside groups. In other words, no taxpayer money would be used to do this. The posters were required to have the words “In God We Trust” on top, the U.S. flag underneath them (and centered), and a Texas flag elsewhere on the poster.

That was it. ...

snytiger6 9 Aug 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Requirements to be a politician. No sense, common or otherwise.

Betty Level 8 Sep 9, 2022

Common sense is a scarce commodity at the best of time. It is even more scarce among the lawmakers of Texa$$$.

Good way to spend his time becuz Texass has no other problems......

Delusions of the emotionally bereft.

Jackasses..

Your wish is their command..lol..

A face palm moment for sure.

"But Bryan Hughes is now trying to fix the problems he created.

In a letter to the state’s Commissioner of Education Mike Morath, Hughes elaborates on his intentions. He says that the wording of the law requires posters to say “In God We Trust” in English because that’s the way it’s written in the law itself. "

There was a joke when I was a kid that according to English speakers there are only two languages in the world
English and Foreign and that was only so because non English speakers are smelly, stupid and too lazy to learn English.

Typical that a racist joke from the 1960s is now a Texas State Senator

Bullshit! Of course they count. You got outmaneuvered, assholes. Get over it.

How about in Latin, Chinese, or Spanish. Would he be ok with that, my thinking is no.

These people are batshit crazy. I'm still upset by "In God We Trust" displayed on law enforcement vehicles. In going after the bad guys we are led to believe they all gather at the supposed scene, hold hands, and pray before getting to business.(Dog does this on TV) A sensible person knows this is insane! I propose that we have a dollar bill displayed instead and as big as the entire ass end of the vehicle and plainly you see the motto "In God We Trust" on that dollar bill.

Screw all this religious fanatics, pure assholes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:684300
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.