Agnostic.com

13 11

Agnostic.com has become my Therapist!

Its Amazing to have a place where free Thinkers are welcomed.
Its great to have a place to get advice, Vent or have intelligent dialogue on world related issues.

What Do you Think?

twshield 8 Dec 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am the same. No co pay, either. This is the most honest place I've ever been. Maybe because we are strangers. Hmmmm.

I used to spend my computer time on Facebook but now find Agnostics.com the place I'd rather be. The people seem more real here and I think they actually are.

It’s a great place. Thanks admins and everyone for making it special.

I agree. So glad I found this site.

It's now official: I'm here more than FaceBook. I'm semi-retired, working from home so I have the luxury...

I'm in the same boat and now find Facebook annoying at best.

I agree. I don't feel as safe posting controversial things though. I've had 3 people private message me about how they've reported me for my views even though I treat them with respect and only debate/discuss their argument based on my personal experiences.

I agree that 98% of people here are here for the right reasons and just want to have open discussion, but I just feel like having an opinion can be hard sometimes. 😟

I guess I missed those posts. For the most part the dialogue seems fairly live and let live

I'm just a bit of a heavy thinker so I understand that some of the subjects that I mention are quire confronting for some people.

I agree that for the most part, like 98%, the dialogue is very open, engaging and fun. I have learnt a lot from other people on this website and I have a lot of fun here 🙂

Here less than a week… damn, I agree. A ‘born once atheist,’ I’ve belonged to at least a couple of active atheist groups. What quickly became apparent was how few women participated. But that’s basically 30 years ago, and obviously things have changed - for the better! My long-time wife had no god beliefs, but was nowhere near my level of militancy…

Though I’ve come here more for community and conversation than meeting anyone, the spectrum of participation is exhilarating and intriguing. ...so, what was your question again..? Yes, I’d became so tired of battling fanatics online, in the paper and in person (try ‘picketing the pope!&rsquo😉 I’d backed off… But this feels good -- and if I may - fuck the fanatics (or don’t!) - I’ve found my people!

Varn Level 8 Dec 6, 2017

I find myself checking in 8-10 times a day!

I agree wholeheartedly-I don't need no therapy lol-I don't speak double negatives but an old friend of mine suggested I go to therapy recently and my question was "why"? I feel free to vent here.

being technical but therapy is different than venting

I couldn't agree more. Someone should be charging for this ... just kidding!

I believe it would be better if as a group we might meet together and as church groups do preform a few good works to show society that we are not negative people who are devils.We always have this negative view because we use the Constitution to voice our displeasure with mixing religion with government,schools and public places.

A local atheist group I’d belonged to had taken on garbage removal from a section of local interstate, we got a sign and everything! ...seems such projects would either have to be large and expensive ..or small and local. But we do get a bad rap on the ‘charitable end.’

ok by me

@twshield ...you mean like this one [atheists.org] ..? 🙂

I agree! I've enjoyed the discussions, feedback, and humor.

I am enjoying the dialogue on this site, as well.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6855
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.