Agnostic.com

2 4

LINK Analysis: Sterling returns to the 1980s, and it may get cheaper still | Reuters

This is crazy. Maybe I should put European travel on my bucket list. My dollar will sh l sure go far.

barjoe 9 Sep 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Gotta sell place in Thailand early next year (finally, f'n covid). Hoping Aussie dollar is weak so I get more bucks for my Baht, which basically tracks the $USD exactly pattern wise.
One of those situations I just have to grit my teeth and accept what I get, but when talking biggish money, 1 $AUD = 24 THB compared to 1$AUD = 24.5 THB makes a big difference when converting.
If exchange is totally shit for me, probably get physical gold, depending where that is at as well.

puff Level 8 Sep 7, 2022

Now would be the time to go finance wise. Of course they are having inflation the same as us.

Rents are out of control in Australia. Know a couple wanted to buy a house where the mortgage was cheaper than what they pay rent. Bank refused, saying the loan would cause too much hardship because over 33% of income needed to service it. Yet they cope paying more now in rent.
Go figure.

PS have heard rents high world wide. Can any confirm in non-Australian places?

@puff I have nothing good to say about mortgage companies. I tried to refinance my mortgages year or so ago. I have never missed a payment, and pay extra every month. I have a pension and Social Security that give me as much income as I made working. My real estate taxes have always been paid on time. And I have enough savings I could pay off the mortgage if I had to. The refused to refinance unless I put the taxes and insurance in escrow with them! I told them to take a hike! With the extra payments,
I’ll have it paid in the same amount of time they were offering.

I have a somewhat similar situation. I don't have that much money coming in, but we had to submit essentially fraudulent documents in order to get the last refinance. It is nothing less than ageism where the requirements are written to make seniors ineligible. Fucking banks...

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:685500
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.