Agnostic.com

5 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

On the news last night they said only current heads of state were invited, so Carter, Bush and Obama were not going. I could see if for no other reason, security would want to limit the number of people present. In 70 years of her reign, it would make an awfully big crowd if all the previous heads of state showed up.

Many of them are no longer alive.

One of the news shows had a clip of him with her inspecting the Guards (I think)
It was the proverbial "picture worth a thousand words". There she was, her usual dignified self...and them him, with the trademark scowl. This country should be so ashamed.

He couldn't go anyway as didn't the FBI grab his passports?

puff Level 8 Sep 13, 2022

The took his diplomatic passports, a current and an expired one.

Who in their right mind would want that unspeakable at their mother's funeral?

I'm sure the Poms told each country, "You are allowed xx people." It will then be up to them who comes so in the US's case, up to team Biden.
Some exception for commonwealth countries eg Victoria Cross recipients, the highest military honour awarded by the British monarchy, are invited.

NB I was in the Australian Army 86-89 and swore allegiance not to Australia, but to "Elizabeth reigning, her heirs and successors.". Still the same now I believe. Thought it sucked at the time, still do.
Our officers are commissioned officers ie commissioned by the Queen (now King). When we salute, we salute the commission not the person. In plain speak, we salute the bird shit on their shoulders.

puff Level 8 Sep 13, 2022

No. The House of Windsor specifically did not want him there. Let's see if he shows up.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:686437
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.