Agnostic.com

2 8

yvilletom must have blocked me as I can no longer see his posts to me.

Was it because I told him he was intellectually dishonest (or some such term) because he couldn't back up his claim about autism/religion with sources?

I am devastated.

Gwendolyn2018 9 Sep 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He is still on the site. I never felt the need to block him, and I don't remember any negative interactions with him.

@Gwendolyn2018 that is the sweetest thing I've heard all day 🙂 but seriously I've always thought I come across as a battleaxe at times. I'm not bitter (well much) but I can come across as combative. And I don't think you're bitter, you just don't like BS.

@HippieChick58 Gwendolyn2018 I've had some interaction with him. I felt he definitly thinks he is very intelligent, at least way more intelligent than moi. Mostly I think he does not like women who speak up, give no quarter, take no BS. And he likes to bully.
Never seen anything that would make me think of you as a battleaxe HippieChick. You're the greatest! Gwendolyn, bullies don't like women who stand up and speak out so therefore we must hate men.

@Gwendolyn2018 @HippieChick58 BS. Standing up for your views and yourself does not make one "bitter". Sugar, and spice, and everything nice makes women doormats. Men that insult us when we don't conform to how they wish need to get over that crap. @silverotter11 is correct about some being bullies, they are often intimidated and attack our femininity instead of our positions. If you look at how these men interact with other men you see right through them.

@Gwendolyn2018 Ad hominem perfectly describes the conversation style he uses.

Yeah, huge loss there! I blocked him ages ago. He is a huge time waster. People who don't understand the significance of supporting their factual claims with evidence are intellectually dishonest and a lot of other things. The cons here are by far the worst offenders, but not exclusively.

@Gwendolyn2018 For the record, I've never gotten "bitter" or "man hater" from you. I guess name calling is just easier than supporting your argument with evidence.

@Gwendolyn2018 I've never seen you post anything that would contradict those statements. Anyone guilty of a sweeping generalization like hating all men or any other category of people would have major issues that are otherwise apparent, white nationalists being the most obvious example.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure Tom has the intellectual capacity to understand a lot of the things you post about, anyway.

@Gwendolyn2018 I think he did you a favor. I remember looking at his profile and I think he was 90 or almost. No excuse though. It's unrealistic to expect ourselves to like everyone we encounter online anyway.

@Gwendolyn2018 Bet I can guess the other one 🙃😏😈.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:687147
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.