Agnostic.com

15 8

LINK Southern Baptist leader shocked by Americans' 'pride' in not being Christian

The Pew Research Center recently projected that, if current trends continue, Christians will be in the minority within 50 years (and probably sooner). By 2070, they said, “Nones” may represent 48% of the population. That’s horrible news for Christian nationalists, who have to reckon with all this non-religious pride, which means it’s great news for everyone else.

Two of those Christian nationalists discussed the Pew findings over the weekend. Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council (a Christian hate-group), asked Ronnie Floyd, a former executive with the Southern Baptist Convention, what he made of those results.

Rarely will you hear a more out-of-touch response from someone who ought to know better.

Floyd argued (beginning at 1:28) that the solution to the shift away from organized religion is… more God. And then he lamented the fact that so many Americans were comfortable being openly non-religious. ...

snytiger6 9 Sep 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have been looking for this information for a long time, I was very surprised when I found it here.New Pelle Pelle

I have been looking for this information for a long time, I was very surprised when I found it here. 49ers Jackets

Soon the churches will be asking for government aid, in addition to their tax exemption.

Some already do.

We have a lot of fun with the different online games available to us. Every hour on the hour, I break for a game of bubble shooter

" Oh merciful heavens ... the very horror of that - just imagine all those devil people !"

Religion is a cartoon type of comedy and ridiculousness. It’s just like watching an old Tweety and Sylvester show where no matter how much Sylvester tried, and kept failing, whether he was gettin’ it from granny with the broom, or whether he got clobbered in the many other ways, he JUST WOULDN’T quit!! Sad to say this guy Ron Floyd is the real life version of that.

More God? More of a genocidal maniac with catastrophic anger management issues? Cheezus Fucking Christ!

Maybe we should send him an invite to Agnostic.com.

Go cry in a corner, you fucking asshole.
Fuck ALL y'all.

They can all drop dead.

@CuddyCruiser Sooner, rather than later, please.

"I'm shocked, I tell ya. I'm shocked," Foghorn Leghorn.

I am shocked that he and others are proud of their bastardized religion.

People would have been more openly non-religious years ago except for the fact that it seemed to get them killed.

I'm proud to be an Atheist and it not bother some friends or co workers at all. Which is a relief to me. Now my very religious family is an another story.

I hope it drives him crazy.

HAHAHAHA Tooooo bad faithfools!!! No one will miss you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:688665
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.