Agnostic.com

4 24

LINK In Indiana, a legal victory for religious liberty over fetal personhood

This is in Indiana. 🤨🤨🤨🤨

These two cases, that just clarified, what the Bible says about when life begins. And that morality, doesn't need religion. 👍

Pretty simple, yet until this case(s) was not used as legal argument against fetal personhood, which had been law here in Indiana since 2017. 🙄

That is no longer. One woman cited Genesis "... “And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.”

The other???? It gets much better here. To the point of the Judge agreeing, in writing in his Decision, fetal remains are "human waste." 😳

As for the other woman, she believes that fetal tissue is not the remains of a person on moral rather than religious grounds. Both plaintiffs asserted that to do as Indiana requires would be to signify, against their beliefs, that fetal tissue is a person.

Pointing out that the free exercise clause protects “sincerely held” religious and moral beliefs “even if those beliefs are not mandated by a particular organization or shared among a congregation,” U.S. District Judge Richard L. Young found that both women “hold sincere religious and moral beliefs that the fetal tissue is not equivalent to a person and should be disposed of as medical waste.”

SeaGreenEyez 9 Nov 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

None of this shit with abortion will ever end unless younger women, aged 18 to 23 start getting involved with the electoral process, and promote their own candidates for office, especially in State level elections (Governor, State Assembly, Attorney General, etc etc) now with the overturn of Roe vs Wade. Also necessary is for the older generation of men who crafted all of these restrictive abortion laws to just die off.

I very often explain that I would be pissed if I didn’t have the freedom to get a Vasectomy (Which i got at 20) as I knew kids were never going to be for me. And that one day there may be more women politicians than men and they may start enacting laws to outlaw this procedure.

It enrages me that this subject is still an issue.
This is about nothing more than controlling women, and penalizing them for having sex.
Fuck. This. Shit.

The right answer to one of the most important questions of our time 😎👍

Comes down to a woman having control over her body.

Comes down to not letting theocrats have control of our laws.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:694153
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.