Agnostic.com

6 2

What is Satanism? And where does social justice fit into this controversial religion?

[abc.net.au]

xenoview 8 Nov 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

believe in the existence of God believe in the existence of Satan, believe in God/Satan.You are not atheist nor agnostic.

Only empathy 9or the lack of it) exists. NO evil . So no real Satan. YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME SEARCHING ON THIS.

Here is a good one. Many years ago I was introduced to three women who thought of themselves as witches. I learned that they read a number of books, readily available at Powell's Books, I got into the literature as it was funny to read and I knew most of it was heuey. Anyway I found a spell that would issue forth the devil and I did it. Surprisingly, it worked in my dreams and before me was the devil. He told me that the only power he would ever have over me was the power that I myself gave him. Then before me appeared what I would consider to be God, he told me that the only way I could have any power at all was to believe in him and find that he was the only being with truth.
I felt the whole incident was just like a halucigen, none of it was real. I thought it was funny that the devil was the only choice that allowed for free will.

The Satanic temple is an atheist organisation that uses satanic imagery to show up religious hypocrisy
The Church of Satan is a religion founded in 1966 by Anton LeVey however they are fundamentally epicurean and worship neither the Christian God or Devil believing god is within all people, the consider themselves atheists.
Theistic Satanism is the worship of the Christian Devil, fundamentally believing in the Gnostic principle that the entity worship as god is actually a deceitful demiurge and that his opposite counterpart is the actual rightful saviour god, defamed as Satan

Whereas:-

Luciferianism
The Order of Nine Angles
The Temple of Set
The Joy of Satan
And The Abbey of Thelema AKA the Hermetic order of the Golden Dawn

are the nearest entities to what most people recognise as Satanism though most of them worship the Christian devil only as a minor incarnation of the fundamental Evil personification Ahriman AKA Angra Mainyu the negative destructive force of nature

The Problem is that the Christian church calls all of these orders Satanic and their practitioners Witches
They are not all the same, many of them hate one another and Witches are something completely different again being the remnants of the Pre-Christian fertility religion and medicinal practices prevalent in Asia and Europe up until the 13th century pogroms.

If it waddles like a ducK, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, it is a duck!
worshiping anything of based faith IS religion. Faith is a delusion in the absence of anything actually proveable

@Kurtn Are you quite well?

I've always thought of Satanists as sort of religious jerk offs who like to shock others but, if ever confronted by a real Satan, would shit their pants proper. Honestly. People are so pathetic.

Satanism (invoking a satan entity) is a LARP rejection of Christianity, while holding onto it. But any rejection of Christian mythology is a step in the right direction. (ABC's article seems biased against the strongly secular versions of satanism, which I suspect predominate.)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:694186
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.