Agnostic.com

5 27

Latest news about ballots in Arizona

I celebrate when a Democrat president wins with one shot of fine whiskey. That's the only time I drink alcohol. However, today I got so excited, I had a shot of whiskey. Why?

11/10/2022

Democratic candidates in the Arizona state-wide races extended their leads Thursday evening as a new batch of about 20,300 ballots was dropped by Pima County, which includes the city of Tucson.

Elections Director Constance Hargrove told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer and John King the county has been able to report batches of approximately 20,000 ballots per day, and anticipated another ballot drop of 20,000 on Friday.

“We will be working through the weekend and get through most of those ballots — not all of those ballots — probably by no later than Monday morning,” Hargrove said.

Responding to candidates, including Republican gubernatorial candidate Karl Lake, questioning the length and integrity of the vote counts, Hargrove said observers of both political parties watch Pima’s count to ensure it is fair.

“We always have at least two observers in the room at any time, and we’ve had multiple observers of both parties here all week,” she said.

Democratic Senate candidate Mark Kelly won 66.2% of the vote in the latest batch, compared to Republican Blake Masters getting 31.9% of the vote. In the governor’s race, Democrat Katie Hobbs received 64.8% of the vote, while Lake got 35.2% of the vote. Tucson is considered a more Democratic part of the state.

[cnn.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Two words: republican gerrymandering.

That and all their restrictive voting laws really worked out great for them this time.

There are numerous important aspects to consider when voting. And certainly, how much money our government spend on what is important. However, the last election and this one are ultra important because, we are deciding whether to allow more fascism and less democracy to creep into our government--or NOT.

I'll drink to that too.

Unity Level 7 Nov 11, 2022

The analogy is off:

The Democrats had us on a fast track to bankruptcy. The car is in drive and the gas pedal is pressed to the floor.

The Republicans will slow that down slightly. The car is in drive, but every once in a while, they take their foot off the gas pedal, tap the breaks, then back to the gas pedal. We are definitely not going in reverse.

The end result is the same, but we'll get there much faster under the Democrats.

BD66 Level 8 Nov 11, 2022

Oh really, here’s some historical data vs stupid political talking points.
[presidentialdata.org]

@Dhiltong This is a perfect time to address that propaganda.

This country goes through political cycles. Here's how it works:

They elect a Democrat to the White House, and Democrats get control of the House and the Senate.

Democrats spend like crazy on their crazy initiatives.

The rational voters say "Holy Crap, those Democrats are going to bankrupt us!, so they vote in a Republican House or Republican Congress, to put a stop to the crazy spending"

The Republican Congress slows down federal spending, so the Democratic President and Republican Congress have a period where the growth in our national debt temporarily slows.

Eventually the Republican Congressmen get corrupted by being in DC, and they start spending like Democratic Congressmen.

The rational voters say "Holy Crap, those Republicans are now spending like Democrats", and they don't turn out to the polls to vote for the Republican congressmen.

The people who vote for a living rather than work for a living say "The Democrats are promising me more free stuff than the Republicans are, so I'm going to vote them in", so we get back to a situation where the Democrats control the White House and Congress.

Here's how it has played out.

1992 I'm voting for the Dems, because of all the free stuff they promised me.
1994 I'm voting for the Republicans to stop this crazy spending.
2008 I'm voting for the Dems, because of all the free stuff they promised me.
2010 I'm voting for the Republicans to stop this crazy spending.
2020 I'm voting for the Dems, because of all the free stuff they promised me.
2022 I'm voting for the Republicans to stop this crazy spending.

@BD66 Well that’s an interesting take on things😂
It’s good that the Dems open the wallet and spend, it’s good for everyone especially for Republicans, since a lot of that money is spent at Republican owned businesses. The Republicans are like a frugal accountant yelling at management to reign in spending, which is a good thing. But right now we need the Dems to win, not because of their spending but to put the brakes on this fascist takeover the Republicans currently attempting.

@BD66 I'm kinda old and I have lived through a lot of those cycles, I do not remember one that included a violent insurrection and a losing president refusing to concede. I do not remember a time when people were stripped of a constitutional right, while others' rights remain threatened. I do not remember a gubernatorial candidate threating that when they get in office that the next 4-8 years will be Hell for her constituents. This is more than a cycle. Democracy is teetering on the edge of existence. The sense of relief that I have felt since Tuesday is sort of like the feeling you get when you finally vomit. I am afraid that Beobert and her "wonton" disregard for democracy and Trump's presumed running mate, Kari Lake will win their elections, but I am also happy that it is Joe Biden that is representing us to the rest of the world right now.

Obviously there's still a bunch to go, but what slight(tiny) motion there's been so far has been in the right direction.

Wed morning Phoenix AZ Family news was reporting the statewide Hobbs/Lake race as 50%/50%. Now it's 51%/49% but they only claim 82% so far reported.

And the closer we get to the end, the more dramatic a shift Lake needs to take it.
My back-of-the-envelope numbers already estimate she needs to win the remaining ballots by 6% to come back -- certainly possible but she hasn't done it so far.

AZ statewide election results -- [azfamily.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:694905
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.