Agnostic.com

9 9

LINK Facebook Removing Religious and Political Views From Profiles

Starting December 1st, Facebook will remove a handful of personal bio details that users can share on their profiles, a spokesperson from the company confirmed with Insider on Wednesday.

These fields include "Interested in," which indicates a user's sexual orientation, "Religious views," "Political views," and "Address." The rest of the information such as contact info will remain. 

Facebook did not say why its removing these details from its profiles. 

snytiger6 9 Nov 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

FB sent out a warning last month that users could only use their real names on there. I wrote them back and said GFY because I don't use my real name anywhere on the internet (cept my banking etc). Publishing personal info can be dangerous if you have the wrong person reading it. I said do what you want to me but no personal info for you. PERIOD.

Wait a minute... Faithbook eliminating anything about religion??? I call BS

They are just eliminating certain information which appear in a person's profile. So, profiles will no longer indicate a person's religion or sexual orientation, along with a few other personal details which will no longer be a part of profiles.

@snytiger6 Ahh. In other words, the stuff basically nobody ever looks at

@wolf041 Yeah. I remember I used to read profiles when Facebook was still new.

What will happen to the jesus homepage?

Trying to prevent law suits would be my guess.

Another good reason to stay away from Disgracebook.

Wait....is this for EVERY SINGLE USER? Or just non-xtians?

I wonder how groups will be affected - atheist, xtion, etc.

@Beowulfsfriend RIGHT...my point, exactly!

If they do this in an ignorant way I will post showing how silly it is. If it removes things like Jesus arm wrestling the Devil I'm all for it. Looks as if a lot of "likes" are going to go away. On the other hand I'm hearing that politicians posting memes and events will no long be fact checked. Can they both be true?

Interesting to speculate on the reason why. “Streamlining the platform” doesn’t quite seem credible to me. Interesting as to what customer reaction will be in an age in which people seem to love broadcasting such aspects of their “identity.”

I think it's a fine idea. Society can't handle what I'm interested in anyway.

And neither can you sometimes.

@Jolanta Maybe. I navigate some pretty silly human behavior pretty well, though. Well enough to have a room that I can afford.

@rainmanjr You certainly do, sometimes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:696347
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.