Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK JFK assassination in Dallas: Watch WFAA coverage from 1963 | wfaa.com

59 years later, a definitive retrospect look at the JFK shooting as it happened. I was 6 years old at the time but I vividly remember it. What do you think? Was it Oswald acting alone? Was it a conspiracy? A coup d'etat?

barjoe 9 Nov 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You know, in light of what we now know about the corrupt so-called 'Secret Service' ( pray, what is so 'secret' about them?) during the Trump era, maybe it would be a good idea to seriously look into their involvement in Dallas 22.11.63 now? Yes, I know they're all 'brave men and women' and 'hereos', as American mainstream news and Hollywood would have it, but just maybe they're not as heroic as they've been cracked up to be.

Did you know that about 20 years ago a court in America said all the files on the JFK assassination should be released? Still haven't been. Of course.

A Trumpian acquaintance claimed that a Secret Service officer behind Kennedy's car was fooling around with his pistol & accidentally shot Kennedy.
I really couldn't be bothered investigating the allegation.
However JFK now falls into the category of "good politician" - he's been dead for more than 50 years.

There was a SS car behind JFK's with a dude with a gun and many claimed it went off and they could smell the odour of a gun shot. Bugliosi in his corrupt book dismissed it, as usual, but it is an intriguing aspect of this case. Whether accident or deliberate is a other thing.

@David1955 thanks David FYI.

It was the Military-Industrial Complex who killed him, 'cause he wanted to get us out of Vietnam..
That's the truth.

You've solved the crime of the century.

@barjoe Documentary on Amazon Prime

@Storm1752 I will watch make sure to watch that. I read Gerald Posner's book "Case Closed". Compelling, it explains all the coincidences. Problem is, I don't believe in coincidences. I still don't know the exact story. Oliver Stone's JFK may be closer to the truth than a lot of people want to admit. We will probably never know.

@barjoe You should watch that doc, then. Kennedy was about to pull out the "advisers" we had in there. He was seen as dangerously naive and inexperienced, given The Bay of Pigs, our dealings with the USSR, the Missle Crisis, etc.
For context, it brings up the mistake of not supporting Ho Chi Mihn as a nationalist, which is probably what the Democrats would've done, instead of as a threat. And the instability of the South Vietnamese was thrown in.
So, geo-political and partisan friction between the ultra-hawkish, interventionist military and it's partisan allies, and Kennedy and his allies.
Of course that means if Kennedy had lived, there never would have been a Vietnam.

@Storm1752 Ho Chi Mihn was an ally during WWII and help liberate American GIs from a Japanese POW camp. He was a hero and his troops were fierce fighters, who slaughtered a Japanese battalion. That shouldn't been a warning as to Vietnamese resolve. FDR thanked him and it was understood that HCM would take power after the war. When FDR passed away Truman double crossed Ho Chi Mihn and let De Gaulle take over Vietnam. Ho had no other choice but to ally with USSR at that point. Truman was a warmonger. Dropped 2 atom bombs, got us into the Korean War and ultimately the Vietnam war.

@barjoe I had read quite a bit about the OSS Dear Team mission where they liaised and trained Viet Minh to an extent before the bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I read Archimedes Patti’s account years ago. The thinking was amongst some that Uncle Ho could have been another Tito. I don’t discount that. We could have prevented so many of the tens of thousands of names on the Memorial. But OSS officer Peter Dewey’s should be there too!

@Storm1752 JFK clashed with LeMay and JCS over Cuban Missile Crisis right?

@Scott321 I don't think they were involved in the assassination tho.

@bar Why not? Whether it was LeMay personally, or other Chiefs, or the general attitude of dismissive hatred for the peaceniks in general, given that compromise and negotiation had failed so miserably in WWII, SOMEBODY had to make the call, "okay let's do it." And, after all, Oswald couldn't have fired a magic bullet, SOMEBODY was at the Grassy Knoll. However, it DOES seem like Oswald wasn't in on a coordinated plot. Maybe, maybe not. But he didn't act alone, that much seems clear.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:696717
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.