Agnostic.com

3 3

You have to wonder how Payton Gendron became such a seriously and dangerously damaged person: [abc.net.au]

anglophone 9 Nov 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The hatred and arrogance he displays did not manifest itself overnight. He was brought up with it and that makes those who influenced and indoctrinated him just as guilty. Maybe it is time for the laws to be updated to include the co-conspirators, whether that be family and/or the peers he associated with.

Betty Level 8 Nov 28, 2022

Agreed. I also found @LovinLarge's link to be highly informative.

And at only 18! What did he think he was going to accomplish that was of such great significance thar he was willing to trade his freedom for it?

We might get some glimpse of the circumstances that led to this if one of the surviving employees proceeds to sue the parents.

Here is a discussion of his online radicalization by white power groups.

[deseret.com]

Thanks for the link. I find it both disturbing and a cause for hope.

@anglophone I've been studying racism for several decades including The Civil War and The Civil Rights Movement and I never get enough. It seems to me that the hatred that is racism is not really about skin color but about culture, that racist whites presume that their way of life is superior to that of other cultures. Imagine the misplaced arrogance to presume that you have the authority to make such a determination. Racism is another tool that cons use to exclude racial and ethic groups from equal participation in our human community.

@LovinLarge Your words apply equally well to the Stolen Generation in Australia.

@anglophone I will look into that, thank you.

The problem with life sentences is 20-30 years from now people start feeling sorry for him and work to get him a reduced sentence. And as he ages in prison, he has something his victims did not: life, friends, and visits from family.

Yeah. I'm more in favor of the death penalty, these daze. If one is innocent then wouldn't one want to die rather than spend decades in jail? Sure, try to get released but, if you can't, then death is better. I would think. If guilty then so it goes.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:697639
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.