Agnostic.com

5 6

LINK Savannah teenager shot while volunteering for Warnock campaign

A 15-year-old campaign volunteer was shot in Savannah, Georgia, on Thursday while knocking on doors for Sen. Raphael Warnock's re-election bid, local police said.

Police responded to a call shortly after 5:30 p.m. Thursday and found a 15-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to the leg. He was transported to a hospital a little over 4 miles away. His wounds were not considered life-threatening.

According to authorities, Savannah police detectives had arrested a 42-year-old local man who was suspected of shooting the teenager outside his home. Jimmy Paiz was booked on charges of aggravated assault and aggravated battery.

(I see this as a direct result of the right wing talking up a "civil war".)

snytiger6 9 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Absolutely horrible but we all know there "were fine people on both sides."

Given the atmosphere of fear generated by the Republican Party and news media, I have great admiration for those out there knocking on doors for candidates. The surprising thing to me is that more of them are not assaulted or shot, given peoples fear of home invasions and strangers knocking on their doors. My stepson was doing door knocking in his neighborhood for Bernie Sanders in 2016. For the most part it went well, but we had at least one guy get loud and threatening. And that's all it takes.

It could be a result of rhetoric or merely a guy who had enough of campaign workers at his door. GA needs to stop these run-off elections and accept the winner from the general (even if under 50%). What are they trying to prove?

The run off laws were implemented by racists who thought if it came down to a black candidate and a white candidate, that in a run off the white candidate would win. I don't think they ever imagi9ned that both candidates would be black.

I think the person with the most votes shoudl win. And, a recount should only be paid for by tax payers if there was a less than one half of one percent difference in votes. Otherwise the losing candidate pays for it.

I'm glad the child is going to be okay. The good news is that that perpetrator will be in prison for a long, long time.

I wouldn't count on that. It is Georgia after all. If the kid was black and the shooter white, chances of him doing more than community service are slim.

Georgia is turning purple. It will be interesting to see what happens.

The far right has certainly engaged in incitement to violence.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:698408
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.